What's new

Finally...I'm building my detached cigar smoking room....

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Mrs. Ocat saw this and thinks I should build one for myself. I'm a handy as a one legged man in a kicking contest. Plus I smoke in my den aka the Yummmmmy Cave. "lol" Nice try Mrs. Ocat. Great job so far. Can't wait to see the finished product.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Man that baby is coming along, I see u are making it big enough so when Momma throws u out, U have a great Dawg House....

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Lookin' good!

I'd say its more of a bona fide structure than it is a detached "room". Very nice.

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
the progress pics....

Roof is just about done! Thank God...

You'll notice the massive electrical system inside. 7 circuits! I will be haveing the fridge, a/c unit, kegarator, fans lights, sockets, and future jacuzzi circuit.

You'll also notice boxes in weird places, the cable box and a power box above the window for the wall-mount flat screen.

You'll also notice one of my dogs, patiently waiting for permission to enter....lol.

Attachments

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
oh my god man! If I had one of these I dont think the wife would ever see me inside hahaha. Really exciting stuff. Maybe I just found my summer project since I will be at home for a few months>?

How did you run the main ele line out to the smoke house?

Really bad ass man for real.

mikes

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
oh my god man! If I had one of these I dont think the wife would ever see me inside hahaha. Really exciting stuff. Maybe I just found my summer project since I will be at home for a few months>?

How did you run the main ele line out to the smoke house?

Really bad ass man for real.

mikes
rented a trencher. Trenched from main house panel to the room, placed conduit in ground, then poured concrete, then pull the wire.
I'll post some pics of the clean job at the main panel later.

I'll tell you, a few months off to do it would be great. In all honesty I have worked 7 to 11 hours every day for the last 20+ days, not one day with-out workin on it. (im off work on "maternity/child bonding time", i get 7 weeks off)
I have busted my butt on this room, i've done about 95% of the work alone. roofing and electrical and siding are the 3 things i've had buddies help with so far.

I knew it would be a big task, but honestly...not this much work. Im tired man. But can't wait to enjoy it, thats why i wont stop to take a break.