What's new

Foundation Cigar Co.

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
A few weeks???
Smoke that cigar now dammit!!! ;>

STS
Geez Steve, those cigars have seem a bunch of shipping in the last few weeks. I gotta let them rest a bit. Haven't you smoked these yet? What did you think of them?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Geez Steve, those cigars have seem a bunch of shipping in the last few weeks. I gotta let them rest a bit. Haven't you smoked these yet? What did you think of them?
Nic,

You are right - typically the very first initial imports of any cigar are really beat up from the shipping - they really have had no time whatsoever to rest anywhere in the supply chain. They have typically endured a lot of temp and humidity changes over the 2-3 weeks between factory floor to your humidor.

So waiting a week or two is the RIGHT thing to do for the benefit of the cigar.

That being said, I would crack the box and smoke one immediately because I am a junkie... who am I kidding I'd probably smoke at least 2 or 3...

Um, I have not had any of the initial production release cigars yet. The ones I smoked I got from Nick in Nica or at the tradeshow - the ones I got in Nica were great, the ones I tried at the show were too wet which I knew they would be and Nick warned me, but because I am junkie, I couldn't resist.

I have a lot of faith in Nick and given how similar our personal likes and dislikes are when it comes to cigars I am expecting these to be great smokes. If they aren't I am going to bust his balls relentlessly... <snicker>

BR,

STS

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Nic,

You are right - typically the very first initial imports of any cigar are really beat up from the shipping - they really have had no time whatsoever to rest anywhere in the supply chain. They have typically endured a lot of temp and humidity changes over the 2-3 weeks between factory floor to your humidor.

So waiting a week or two is the RIGHT thing to do for the benefit of the cigar.
Well, let me know if you need me to send you a few... I'd hate for you to miss out. :) When's your new cigar coming out?

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Says that Foundation Cigars have the Torps 5 pak for $57....are they blowing smoke up my butt cuz I just ordered a 5 pak???

FOUNDATION CIGAR COMPANY EL GUEGUENSE

Torpedo 6.25 x 52 / 5 Pack
$57.50
I ordered from them probably a week ago and then heard nothing. I contacted them a couple days ago abs was told they haven't gotten them in yet, but are working on it.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I ordered from them probably a week ago and then heard nothing. I contacted them a couple days ago abs was told they haven't gotten them in yet, but are working on it.
Says they have 3 vitolas available:
Toro Hauco
Torps
Churchill
What size did you order as the Coronas and Robustos aren't available.....

The cigar utilizes a Corojo 99 wrapper, a Jalapa binder, a combination of Criollo and Corojo taken from 2011 and 2012 harvest years. The cigars are available in five sizes and packaged in 25 count boxes.

In describing the cigar, Melillo says, “We are aging these cigars in cedar before shipping them out for the market. The cigar is complex yet well balanced, rounded with cedar notes, hints of spice and a touch of sweetness belying the undertones. Overall I would say El Güegüense is an elegant full flavored cigar.”

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Says they have 3 vitolas available:
Toro Hauco
Torps
Churchill
What size did you order as the Coronas and Robustos aren't available.....
Maybe that is it. I originally ordered robustos as the corona gordas were listed as out of stock. When I was told yesterday that they were both out I asked to switch to the corona gordas. Robustos showed on stock when I ordered.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Maybe that is it. I originally ordered robustos as the corona gordas were listed as out of stock. When I was told yesterday that they were both out I asked to switch to the corona gordas. Robustos showed on stock when I ordered.
Guess I need to get out of the recliner and make a phone call....just when I was all comfy cozy and had a good a$$ imprint goin on.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Guess I need to get out of the recliner and make a phone call....just when I was all comfy cozy and had a good a$$ imprint goin on.
Lol. Sam did answer my email pretty quickly. I may have missed that they were a pre order. I did order quickly from my phone.