What's new

free Pipe Tobacco 4 review

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I'd be real interested in pursuing this next year if my reviews are up to par and of any interest to you. Its very interesting and your tobacco blends are great. I can't thank you ennough for making this happen. Not only do we review your blends, but for some of us its a first Step into baccy review, or a deeper step in the pipe world. I like the discoveries. Thank you.

And I'll have to see if I can find anything worth trading around here.... ;)

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Tonight is apparently international pipe day.

So I am reviewing blend #2

It was dryboxing since yesterday night.

Same pipe as usual, same packing method. Except I am starting to be somewhat good at it. Or not suck.

The blend smell sweet. Like the cakes we'd get in our lunchboxes in elementary school. Not quite vanilla but not sugar.
Mixed with some dry tea.

Its very dry. For once theres at least two bowl in my box.

Packing it I feel like the gf might prefer the avent of that blend. Might have to let her try it.

Packed loose but with an ok draw. The draw has sweetness to it but nothing much.

Lighting with matches for comparison with the two other blends.

So light tap light. The first draw is a lot less sweet than anticipated. Theres a bit of bitterness that won't stay and the flavors erupts. They remind me of chocolate coffee with a dark tobacco cigar feel. Its very enjoyable.

Trough the bowl the smoke is thick and flavorful with no bite. The finish is on the long side and sweet. Kinda almonds chocolate.

The flavors remain in the dark coffee style with some nuts. theres a flavors that lingers that I enjoy but can't quite describe. It is similar to what I once had on an old Padrons cigar but in a different direction.

Having left it dryboxing for that long must have helped with the flavors. I certainly will have to revisit the two other blends with a longer dryboxing.

I could manage to relight only about three times trough the bowl.

This blend seems to burn lower than the two other's. At least for me.

The room scent is awesome.

Overall it is a very good blend that I'd recommend

@USHOG your blends are all amazing. I can't decide which one I like the best, but I like them better than my David's Blends.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tobacco: @USHOG Blend #2
Pipe: Lilliput

I don't normally feel the need to dry my baccy before smoking and after rubbing out a bit of Blend #2 I called it good to go. The consistency of the tobacco reminds me a bit of Anniversary Kake. The pouch note is slightly sweet and tangy with just a hint of the Vanilla topping that I can really only smell if I'm searching for it. The initial light produces woody tobacco flavor with pepper on the snork. As the bowl burns the individual flavors are less pronounced melding into a thicker overall nutty flavor and the pepper fades into the background. I can detect only the slightest hint of Vanilla on the tail end of exhale. Midbowl is where this tobacco really starts to shine. Fuller flavor, a little bit of tanginess is added to the mix, and thick creamy smoke. The Vanilla also steps a bit more into the foreground but is still back row to the tobacco itself. The baccy burns to a fine loose grey ash. While still not as strong as at the start of the bowl, the pepper steps up a bit near the end.

Overall if I didn't know this was an aro I would have never guessed, especially at the start of the bowl. While there is the hint of sweetness, the strongest flavors I would describe as nuts and wood. If I were to change anything about this blend it would be to back off just a bit on the pepper, which I assume comes from the Orientals.

Thank you for sharing the fruits of your labor, USHOG.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I am glad I live in Texas where it is cold at 58. I would hate to have that snow I see in pictures what a pain it must be. it looks like more work than our mud. So how does life change in all that snow and cold?

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
The thing with the cold is it cuts through. You can bundle all ya want but some areas are still exposed. Other than that u stay inside just like summer inTX. And if you have to go outside you try to do it mid afternoon instead of first or last thing in the day.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
The thing with the cold is it cuts through. You can bundle all ya want but some areas are still exposed. Other than that u stay inside just like summer inTX. And if you have to go outside you try to do it mid afternoon instead of first or last thing in the day.
A few days ago it was in the upper-twenties but was raining with a fairly strong wind. It was one of the worst days because that cold wet wind went right through my jacket and... ugh

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Smoking the #2 blend right now 50* out feel nice. Had to refer to the OP to see why I was getting a bit of spice. Must b the oriental. I am liking this. For this noob the baccy pack tight real easy. Had to loosen up. Getting a very faint flavor almost like its trying to hide. Room note is good according to the GF.having to baby it a bit to avoid the bite but not overly. All in all so far very enjoyable.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight I'm smoking blend #3 in a smooth billiard Meer. Tin note on this one is sweet and pleasant.
I have a good friend from Texas. He pours Tapatio or stronger on much of the food he eats. To my northern taste buds it's something I like every now and then, but not all the time. That's kind of how I feel about blend #3. This is a baccy that packs a punch. The first bowl a few weeks ago and the prominent thought was "Spicy". Smoking this bowl now, my opinion has not changed. Blend #3 is something I think I'm going to need to cut with PA in order to enjoy on a regular basis. As it is it's something I would probably smoke while BS'ing but wanting to know I'm smoking a pipe. Thank you @USHOG but this one isn't in my regular wheel house.