What's new

free Pipe Tobacco 4 review

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Great reviews everyone.
If you could change one thing about either of the 3 blends what would that be?
I know presentation lacks a little and it is normally just me smoking so I have never thought about making it pretty

3/5King funny you say meat flavoring. 2 years ago I smoked some of the Virginia leaf in the smoker for a month or so and it was good but this year I also smoked a dozen or so hogs and 7 deer at the same time. I noticed a big change in taste from the previous year which I also smoked in the same smoker. Just another way to add some natural flavor. At the moment I am working on some bacon smoked leaf. I am just cooking the bacon with the smoke and oils going through the leaf. I hope the leaf is burnable when done but only time will tell.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Great reviews everyone.
If you could change one thing about either of the 3 blends what would that be?
I know presentation lacks a little and it is normally just me smoking so I have never thought about making it pretty

3/5King funny you say meat flavoring. 2 years ago I smoked some of the Virginia leaf in the smoker for a month or so and it was good but this year I also smoked a dozen or so hogs and 7 deer at the same time. I noticed a big change in taste from the previous year which I also smoked in the same smoker. Just another way to add some natural flavor. At the moment I am working on some bacon smoked leaf. I am just cooking the bacon with the smoke and oils going through the leaf. I hope the leaf is burnable when done but only time will tell.
Yes, I wonder too.. god but how can you go wrong with bacon!?!? I'll have to smoke some more of each blend and consider anything other than appearance. I haven't gotten to blend #3 yet either.

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Baccy came in today!!

Even the kids were impressed... they say it smells interesting.

And major thanks for the bodyguards. Those are not obtainable here, its the first time I held an undercrown!

Some baccy #3 is getting ready for trial tonight (out of the bag) and I can't wait to try

Thanks a big lot!!

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I will do a fuller review later but wanted to share my first impressions.

I am trying blend#3

It burns better than both baccy I have here.

I didn't let enough air out for a full bowl so there's that but it burns well. It airedfor about two hours.

I taste dark roast aromas that I enjoy very much. The smell in the room remind me of something my grandfather used to smoke when I was a kid. I really enjoy that. Kudos on brigning back those memories.

Flavors are full but not harsh. Pairs very well with a black coffee. Its closer to a cigar than all the tobacco I have tried since getting into pipes. Its very enjoyable.

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Smoking blend no 2 tonight, didn't really look to see what it was prior to loading a cob up after just a few minutes drying time

Very burly forward blend with a spice to it, I think I smoked it a little aggressively I didn't notice any significant vanilla flavoring once I went back and saw it was an aromatic, I wouldn't classify it as one

Had a couple relights and it increased in flavor intensity as the bowl progressed, I'm going to dry it more next time had some moist Dottle at the bottom of the bowl

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
The blend#3 was awesome yesterday.

So today I wanted to make a more complète review. This is my first review.

The tobacco has been spread to dry for two hours. It is much drier than the tobacco I normally have and that might be why it burned awesome yesterday.

I packed the pipe so it is tight trying to push down, but the draw is still very loose.

The tobacco smells of sweet hay with a bit of stable. I know many cigars with relatively similar smells that tastes great.

Predraw is loose and the aromas are sweet leathery wood, rather mild.

I opted to light with matches simply because I am uncertain my ronsonol fluide in my zippo is not staining the flavors.
It lights very quick and gives out flavors of bitterness at first.
Tappingthe cherry and lighting farther more bring out the full flavors.
It is strong. Not harsh. Meaty. Burned sugar. With wood and leather. A long sweet finish. Reminds me of cigars.

The smoke is abundant. Malleable. I like to form circles. The smoke makes great circles.
It definately has a nice N buzz going too.

I am having a harder time than yesterday keeping it lit, having to relight every thirth or fourth puff. But the relight are super easy. Its not out. Just dim.

It paired nice with black coffee yesterday. Today I am trying a dark ale. If I had an irish stoutI'd try that...

I feel like it would pair like many cigars, wich is more interesting than the baccy I have tried so far. I'll miss this blend when the pouch is out.

Down the middle of the bowl, the flavors are less strong and it is a bit sweeter. Perhaps some fruit mixed in the wood. Or the same sugar but less burnt.

The only drawback I can see is that it seems to burn a bit quick.

But it is very enjoyable at least to a cigar smoker that adopted pipes as a complement to cigars

I dried more than a bowl, and opted to try it in a second, smaller pipe once the bowl was done.

It seemed to suit it even better. I could pick up a bit of dark roasted coffee with leather, but less sweetness. Not that it ever had much. More cream.

The smoke seems heavy and don't fly super high, making its cloud just above head level.

Overall it is a superb smoke that makes me enjoy pipes better than the tobaccos I have tried so far.

Many thanks @USHOG for letting me try these blends. I am very happy to experiment with them and this one is very enjoyable.

Last edited:

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Tonight I am trying blend#1. I have been told I would like it much.

I dryboxed a bunch for seven hours. I can't believe it happenned again: I didn't prepare a whole bowl.

Its not super packed, but almost full.

When I got it, #1 had big chunks that I had to flake out before drying. But the overall result is again a drier baccy than the ones I own.

The smell is of dry leather. And predraw is light hay.

I again use matches to light it up, tap it and light again.
The first draw reminded me of bitter dried almonds with a sweet finish.

I am pairing it with black coffee, which tastes wonderfull after a puff.

The bowl stays lit rather well even if obviously badly packed. Once the fire holds, the flavors somewhat remind me of a maduro, mixed with the smoke of a firecamp. I happen to like maduro. There are nuts and peppers and the finish is sweet and rather long.

I think I like blend#1 even better than blend#3

The smoke is as heavy and malléable but the flavors are really great.