What's new

Game of Thrones - HBO

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
It went really fast. My wife watched it with me and was bored until the very end. She gasped and said, "Why did he do that". I told her she really needed to read the books to get the full grasp of the Lannisters.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
its actually pretty good. my friend talked me into watchin it, cause she knows im not usually into that sorta show. but its pretty good acting and decent story

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I havent read the books but my dad is a huge fan of them and has been telling me about them for a while now. I watched last nights premiere episode and really liked it! Looking forward to seeing where the story goes, i might have to start reading the books soon...
The books are really good Ben. Definitely check 'em out.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
LOVED IT! I really, really did. And I was very skeptical. I almost didn't watch. There were a couple of things I didn't like (SPOILERS if you haven't seen the show...)

In the book, Dany and Drogo's wedding was not nearly as rape-ish as in the HBO version. There was a slow, gentle seduction and by the end she wanted him. Not sure why Martin (author) would have OK'd that. Hopefully he's not going to change Dany and Drogo's relationship, which is fairly important to the series.

And, in the book, before Jaime pushed Bran off the ledge he actually saved him from falling. It was fairly obvious in the book that killing Bran was more Cersei's idea than Jaime's. Changing that takes a lot away from Jaime's character which (as we find out in later books) isn't as black and white (or rather, black and black) as it seems at first.

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Just recently caught myself up on the first 5 shows. Absolutely amazing. Never read the books, but went out and bought the first of the series, and about 120 pages in. I'm not a fantasy guy at all, but have fell in love with this.

The imp is a phenomenal character. He'll win some awards for this performance.

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Its funny, as I never knew it was a book. Started checking the web out for character profiles, and realized I was getting way to much information, and saw a major spoiler. Really pissed me off.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I also went out and bought the first of book in the series and just finished it. As soon as I was done, went out and bought the second. Excellent reads. The series, so far, is good, but the books, so far, are great. I heard they get better with every book, so looking forward to finishing them.