What's new

Game of Thrones - HBO

TommyGunz

BoM June 2011
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
loving this series! thanks for the heads up on the book, I refuse to search for this on the web now. I really like how they have it unfolding, wouldn't want to ruin it .

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yea, the internet already gave me a huge spoiler which I hope i misunderstood.

Do you find with the book you dont want to read ahead to spoil the show. Right now, as Im playing catch up, I kind of like to watch the episode, then read the same text, then rewatch the show again with the added insight the book offers.

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
So far the only major change in continuity from the book is the Targarayan princess act as if she's being raped on her wedding night, but in the book she pretty much lets go, and embraces him, and gets into it right away. Not sure why they swithched that up, but I think it was a good excuse to insert a bit of a lesbian seen in the next episode.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
So far the only major change in continuity from the book is the Targarayan princess act as if she's being raped on her wedding night, but in the book she pretty much lets go, and embraces him, and gets into it right away. Not sure why they swithched that up, but I think it was a good excuse to insert a bit of a lesbian seen in the next episode.
I'd say they did it to build a deeper viewer sympathy for her. So far I'm impressed with the way it's been done.

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
DAMN!!! I cant believe the best character just got his head removed like that. It aint right. Stark was the show for me. Really disappointed. We'll see how the show goes from here. Im not into having magic or anything to fuck with the show, but I'm hoping for some type of resurrection.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
DAMN!!! I cant believe the best character just got his head removed like that. It aint right. Stark was the show for me. Really disappointed. We'll see how the show goes from here. Im not into having magic or anything to fuck with the show, but I'm hoping for some type of resurrection.
I read that in the book and was like WTF you idiot writer, you just ruined the entire thing for me. There are other things that will happen that will also make you say WTF. I guess I like how unpredictable it is. Even though my favorite character is gone I am into book two and loving the show.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
This sort of thing is not out of the ordinary in the novels, so you are in for some more twists!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Two pages back I had the feeling that this was the spoiler you hoped you'd misunderstood...

And jsnake, the first time I read GoT I threw the book down in disgust when Eddard got his, but that's what makes the books so good. It's usually so hard to predict what's going to happen.

Martin is an amazing writer. It takes a lot of skill to shock a reader like that.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Just caught up with the series ... WTF, lol! I'm sad to see Lord Stark die---mostly because I love Shawn Bean ... I think Eddard was so naive as to be annoying.

I like writers that aren't afraid to kill people off. Keeps you on your toes ... makes everything more suspensful.

On the TV side of things, that's why I always like Joss Whedon's shows. He loves killing people off, and so when a character gets in a real jam, you're actually worried!

I think I'm going to have to read this series. I'm going retro right now with the Pern series, but when I'm done I'll hit these!

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Yea this has been a great series so far, I was shocked to see all of the lead characters been offed. One more episode for the season, we shall see.

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just caught up with the series ... WTF, lol! I'm sad to see Lord Stark die---mostly because I love Shawn Bean ... I think Eddard was so naive as to be annoying.

I like writers that aren't afraid to kill people off. Keeps you on your toes ... makes everything more suspensful.

On the TV side of things, that's why I always like Joss Whedon's shows. He loves killing people off, and so when a character gets in a real jam, you're actually worried!

I think I'm going to have to read this series. I'm going retro right now with the Pern series, but when I'm done I'll hit these!
It based on a book series. It isn't a matter of the writers being afraid or not afraid to kill off characters. If you read the books these folks die so they are just staying true to the story as it is written in the novels. One of the compelling things about the books is that the author is not only willing but quite regularly kills off central characters. It keeps you on your toes and makes for a good read.

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Two pages back I had the feeling that this was the spoiler you hoped you'd misunderstood...
Yea, it was. :frown:

Looking at the character chart I posted, they already killed off 3 main characters.

The King
Lord Stark
Prince Targaryen

Couple more either presumed dead, or on their death bed.

Kinda like Soprano's. I started watching after the final season. I was familiar with all the characters from TV appearances, but it blew me away when Big Pussy got whacked so early in the series. Years later he was still making appearances with the regular cast on stuff.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
My wife kept asking me what was going to happen and I wouldn't tell her. She gave a bit WTF! when he was de-capped. I told her that is the first of many shocks you'll get from this series.