What's new

Game of Thrones

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
After watching this for two seasons now, I have to read the books. I am interested to see the differences. I was a little surprised at the ending though. Zombies? Really? Why is everything lately coming back to Zombies? Speaking of which. Wrong thread I know, but has anyone else read World War Z?
I've never read WWZ, but I've been wondering too why all of a sudden so many zombie stories are popping up. Now, evidently Lincoln is in the mix, lol.

The books will explain quite a bit that the show just doesn't have the time to do so. There is a big difference in the second season compared to the second book, but the difference is quite small in the first season to the first book. I'm currently in the third book, and I think it's the best so far.

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Finally got around to watching this. I thoughht it was decent but could have been better. I still though cant wait for next season I want to find ouit more about the faceless man.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The zombies are the White Walkers. Jon Snow killed one in Mormont's chambers in season one. The Others are the blue-eyed things, like the one on the horse... What makes no sense at all is why it didn't kill Sam.

{Edit: I was wrong. The White Walkers are the blue-eyed things. The zombies are apparently created by them...}

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
White Walkers = Others, right?

I've only read through the first two books... they are the same as I understood them (and the show). I didn't get a zombie feel about the others from the books but we haven't really seen them much, and haven't been given much detail- compared to the show.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
White Walkers = Others, right?

I've only read through the first two books... they are the same as I understood them (and the show). I didn't get a zombie feel about the others from the books but we haven't really seen them much, and haven't been given much detail- compared to the show.
Yeah, actually, I think you're right. But the zombies were in the books, too...

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
What makes no sense at all is why it didn't kill Sam.
They didn't kill the guy that was beheaded as a deserter in the first episode either, though that played out a bit differently in the book.

What I meant about them in the books is that they felt more like intelligent/possessed dead, not lumbering undead (as kind of portrayed in the finale).

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I looked up some stuff on the GoT wikia. Apparently the white walkers are what the TV show is calling The Others (which is what they are called in the books). The humans north of the wall are just called wildlings.

Anyway the WW/others are distinct creatures of some kind with intelligence. They can reanimate dead humans and other creatures as a wight (zombie) and control/lead them. It's not clear if a wight turn humans into more wights (like zombies do). At the end of the finale, we see a group of wights being lead by a white walker on horseback.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Well, I made it through book 3 and started book 4. Got about half way through it, and I can't take anymore. All done with reading the series. The author is WAY too long winded for me, doesn't stick to the main story as much as he should and has gone way too many directions. He needs a good editor to tighten up his books, because these are ridiculous. I've gotten to the point where I don't even care what happens, just completely turned off by these books. Both my wife and I have moved on.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well, I made it through book 3 and started book 4. Got about half way through it, and I can't take anymore. All done with reading the series. The author is WAY too long winded for me, doesn't stick to the main story as much as he should and has gone way too many directions. He needs a good editor to tighten up his books, because these are ridiculous. I've gotten to the point where I don't even care what happens, just completely turned off by these books. Both my wife and I have moved on.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I had a really hard time just finishing the first book. There's just to many characters in so many different areas. Trying to link them all together for one non significant event takes an entire 500 page book. Its no wonder the series is so long.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Yeah a lot of people complained about books 4 and 5 having too much filler. Books 1-3 were great. I'm only near the beginning of 4 so I'm hoping I don't burn out as well.

Btw there is a review on amazon for book 4 that tells you which chapters to read and which to skip to cut the book in half and still get the information, if you'd prefer that route.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
He is a great writer but at the same time one of the worst ever. Seriously? Killing off your main characters that you spend so much time developing the story around. Once takes you by surprise but by the 4th or 5th it is beyond ridiculous and now predictable. I am trying to be vague to not ruin it for anyone but as I told my wife - it is just going to piss you off the more you get into it. I read them all after swearing them off. Now it will only be like 5 years until the next book. Yes, he is that incredibly slow. The show is well done though and I will continue to watch and will probably read the next books as I grind my teeth and clench my fists.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I doubt it will take 5 years for the next book simply because the pressure of the TV series will keep him moving. The producers already have the major plot points (due to his health) and can make seasons 6 and 7 without the books.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yeah a lot of people complained about books 4 and 5 having too much filler. Books 1-3 were great. I'm only near the beginning of 4 so I'm hoping I don't burn out as well.

Btw there is a review on amazon for book 4 that tells you which chapters to read and which to skip to cut the book in half and still get the information, if you'd prefer that route.
Lol, funny you should mention that, I was on reading the Amazon reviews for book 4 before I posted that here. It's sad that you can skip multiple chapters and still get all the info you need, that's a LOT of fluff.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
He is a great writer but at the same time one of the worst ever. Seriously? Killing off your main characters that you spend so much time developing the story around. Once takes you by surprise but by the 4th or 5th it is beyond ridiculous and now predictable. I am trying to be vague to not ruin it for anyone but as I told my wife - it is just going to piss you off the more you get into it. I read them all after swearing them off. Now it will only be like 5 years until the next book. Yes, he is that incredibly slow. The show is well done though and I will continue to watch and will probably read the next books as I grind my teeth and clench my fists.
Exactly, who do you root for going through the books? You start to like somebody - BAM - dead!

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Actually, sounds like the next season will be the first half of book 3. That sucks that we have to wait an extra year for some of the great scenes in book 3, but I can understand why they did this (a lot happens in storm of swords).

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Actually, sounds like the next season will be the first half of book 3. That sucks that we have to wait an extra year for some of the great scenes in book 3, but I can understand why they did this (a lot happens in storm of swords).
I agree, Book 3 is packed full of important happenings. I wasn't real sure how they were going to fit that into 10 episodes. Not to mention, they may be doing it that way to give him a little breathing room for the next couple of books. There are certain things at the end of book 3 that I really want to see how they handle in the show.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Exactly, who do you root for going through the books? You start to like somebody - BAM - dead!
I think that's part of the point. Personally, I root for the Hound, because he's awesome.