What's new

General Habanos Discussion

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Any recent production stuff that’s smoking decently at the moment? I know Habanos generally do better with some age but I probably will have a few while I’m overseas too

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Any recent production stuff that’s smoking decently at the moment? I know Habanos generally do better with some age but I probably will have a few while I’m overseas too
That's a good question right there! Supposedly the 17 Boli are. And I believe Chuck mentioned one in the cc purchase thread.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I've had excellent luck with recent Partagas Presidentes and Romeo y Julieta Belicosos. H. Upmann #2s have been pretty good as well.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Hahaha, yeah... I'm so disappointed it wasn't @The Munt ;)

At least now maybe John can change his profile picture.... Please....
Yeah we celebrated New Years on the 30th this year (have our party whenever we can all get sitters). So figured it was a little early, then slept through actual New Years on account of being completely rectum. On ya @bostoneo ! Got my 2018 Bane sorted too ...

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Yeah we celebrated New Years on the 30th this year (have our party whenever we can all get sitters). So figured it was a little early, then slept through actual New Years on account of being completely rectum. On ya @bostoneo ! Got my 2018 Bane sorted too ...
Haha, sounds good at least! Maybe next year... ;)

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
OK, so the lcdh specific lines, such as the Allones superiores, are they usually just the standard blend of a Marca, but in a unique vitola?
And are very many of them stand outs? Or just, meh?

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
OK, so the lcdh specific lines, such as the Allones superiores, are they usually just the standard blend of a Marca, but in a unique vitola?
They usually are tweaks on the brand to make a new blend. You will notice the flavors of the brand usually but it’s a different blend and size. Most of them are pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Out of all the Lcdh lines... you bring up the shitty ass Ramon Allones.... nobody buys those unless they’re on sale for dirt cheap

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Out of all the Lcdh lines... you bring up the shitty ass Ramon Allones.... nobody buys those unless they’re on sale for dirt cheap
Geeze dude, you have issues. It's the only one I knew the name of off the top of my head. "there's a snail in the fucking desert"
Fwiw, Im not super impressed with them either, but not terrible.
Now back to the heart of the perfectly reasonable question....
Teach me o knowledgeable one, what are the names of the good ones?[/QUOTE]

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I liked the San Cristobol line of Oficios, and the Muralla and Mercaderes with some age.
Upmann Royal Robustos were good, not as big a fan of the Connie A though.
Smoked a fiver of the Punch 48s and thought they weren't bad.
I think the Upmann Noellas were an LCdH exclusive....if they were, they might be right at the top of the list for my palate.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Geeze dude, you have issues. It's the only one I knew the name of off the top of my head. "there's a snail in the fucking desert"
Fwiw, Im not super impressed with them either, but not terrible.
Now back to the heart of the perfectly reasonable question....
Teach me o knowledgeable one, what are the names of the good ones?
[/QUOTE]
Depends

Different blends for sure

2013 and older hoyo Epi de luxe were nice, now they look like they’re dipped in tar

For my palate I love them in the following order(current releases)

Elegantes
libertador
Culebras
Royal Robusto
Noellas

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I liked the San Cristobol line of Oficios, and the Muralla and Mercaderes with some age.
I think the Upmann Noellas were an LCdH exclusive....if they were, they might be right at the top of the list for my palate.
The old San cristobal Lcdh stuff was nice. Now I have to go see if I have any left in a singles drawer

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Depends

Different blends for sure

2013 and older hoyo Epi de luxe were nice, now they look like they’re dipped in tar

For my palate I love them in the following order(current releases)

Elegantes
libertador
Culebras
Royal Robusto
Noellas
Great answers! Thanks! (y)