What's new

General Habanos Discussion

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Alright guys, what's the deal with SLR?

I rarely see them referenced or now smoking? Do they suck? Just low production?
Ditto for LGC..
SLR A one of my all time favorites. Haven't seen boxes since 2013, but stocked up before they disappeared
Haven't seen SLR DC since 2011. I don't smoke many and it's probably because I won't find anymore to smoke for a decent price.
Haven't smoked a Regios in 5 years. Icehog has me thinking it might be time to open a box.
LGC MdO 4 are plentiful. Everything else only seems to be found at a premium price once in a while or in someone's personal collection;)

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
SLR A one of my all time favorites. Haven't seen boxes since 2013, but stocked up before they disappeared
Haven't seen SLR DC since 2011. I don't smoke many and it's probably because I won't find anymore to smoke for a decent price.
Haven't smoked a Regios in 5 years. Icehog has me thinking it might be time to open a box.
LGC MdO 4 are plentiful. Everything else only seems to be found at a premium price once in a while or in someone's personal collection;)
Good to know. (albeit a bit disheartening) Thanks for the info. (y) Guess I need to keep my eyes open for Regios and possibly any MdO that can be found.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
New topic:
Who else here loves cabs? Anyone else move their SBN boxes to empty cabs?
Love cabs. Wish Cuba hadn't discontinued so many 50 cabs, those are just sexy.

I have moved some cigars into cabs, most notably when I went deep on the '05 Mag 46s in the cardboard packs. They were pretty good to start, but after 6 months in a cab.....Magic!

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
So can anyone tell me whats up with the Club Allones LE 2015? I'm not finding much in search, and a picture of one piqued my curiosity. Is this an ongoing release? Only that year? How does it compare to other Allones?

I'm a bit confused about the LE's and RE's but I'm pick up bits of info here and there...
At the airport I had time to do some reading. Basically when they sort all the leaves they take a certain amount of higher grade leaf and make them into a LE line from that years crops (I think maybe they mentioned the use a minimum 3 year aged tobacco for these too and maybe a 5 or 8 year for like a ultra limited edition). If certain tasting notes comes along (weather changes on the crops and mutation of a genius species) they usually release these in very small batches and offer them to different distributors aka regional releases.

Ooo and if a certain characteristic of taste that is prominent enough to be considered unique from the core line it may be called vintage then and only then. These usually have a weather or story along side them to make them more special. Unofficially some consider vintage an "age" that usually somewhere around 20 to 30 to be generalized.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I want to get a 10/15 count box of something for a bachelor party at the end of April. Budget of like $175. The groom is a pretty serious cigar smoker so he'll appreciate a good stick and likely know if I end up buying the gurkas of the cc world (if that's a thing). Any recommendations? My first though was maybe a RYJ short churchill just because the packaging is fun, falls in my price range, is a well known brand. I'll likely keep the leftovers. Don't have an opinion on marca or size really, although I doubt any of them will take the time to smoke something in a full churchill size or larger. Also happy to discuss deals if anyone is looking to offload something they feel is in this category.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
@Robertsndr68 it really just depends on the guy(s) if he's a full on cc snob like some of out great brethren, then you may want to go with one of those. Tough call cause even the snobs have different palates and differences of opinion.
If he just appreciates them, and you need to bridge the gap with guys who aren't regular smokers AND you need something that's not huge, you could go with your original choice, or something from Boli, or ERDM Choix, or psd4 etc.
Something in tubos could be nice as well if you're handing them out when they may not get smoked immediately.
Eta: the punch would be a great choice as well.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
@Robertsndr68 it really just depends on the guy(s) if he's a full on cc snob like some of out great brethren, then you may want to go with one of those. Tough call cause even the snobs have different palates and differences of opinion.
If he just appreciates them, and you need to bridge the gap with guys who aren't regular smokers AND you need something that's not huge, you could go with your original choice, or something from Boli, or ERDM Choix, or psd4 etc.
Something in tubos could be nice as well if you're handing them out when they may not get smoked immediately.
Not a snob at all. When I mean serious, I mean he has his own set up and I've steered him to good nc brands over the years but far from a snob. And ya I was really looking at tubos because I think they'll all get a kick out of that.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Eta: the punch would be a great choice as well.
Have you smoked a choix supreme lately?