What's new

General Habanos Discussion

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Hahaha, there's some great recent production stuff out right now! And you seem to be doing a good job of picking them up!
Ya, after years of basically not buying, i got into habanos. Thanks to this site. So in a few years i figure ill transition from new guy buying lots of fresh shit, to middle of the pack guy with stuff with a few years on it. Not a bad place to be

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Alright guys, what's the deal with SLR?

I rarely see them referenced or now smoking? Do they suck? Just low production?
Ditto for LGC..
Likwise with LGC, how I miss you Medaille D'Or No.2 but the 4's are still a solid smoke more floral but just a matter of time before the chopping block with HSA as there can be availability issues sometimes.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Alright guys, what's the deal with SLR?

I rarely see them referenced or now smoking? Do they suck? Just low production?
Ditto for LGC..
Agree with Fox on both. Love the Regios, and recent years' production have been good right out of the hopper for my palate. And people have had to be diligent to find the La Gloria regular production (what's left, anyway) in recent times.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
They just just get overshadowed by the other mercia's but always have a box of the regios in my humidor. I find them to have a unique profile, not as creamy/spicy but more of a nutty/wood flavor. Just a solid smoke.

Got something special coming in from SLR
Likwise with LGC, how I miss you Medaille D'Or No.2 but the 4's are still a solid smoke more floral but just a matter of time before the chopping block with HSA as there can be availability issues sometimes.
Agree with Fox on both. Love the Regios, and recent years' production have been good right out of the hopper for my palate. And people have had to be diligent to find the La Gloria regular production (what's left, anyway) in recent times.
Ah. Good info. Thanks fellas. Guess I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Sounds good.
I saw on fb a couple months ago a guy in Germany got a box of LGC and was really happy about it. Threw me off cause I was under the impression they were a discontinued brand.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
discontinued cigars still can show up from time to time.
The LGC MdO #1 is a discontinued item,a box was offered on the 24:24 recently from a locker sale.
The LGC MdO #2 just has not been made or not in volume since 2014.
SLR only really had 3 vitolae recently, the #1 ,the Regios, and the DC.
The DC only came in a 50 cab, the #1 disappeared about a year ago ,and the Regios has been irregularly available for a few months.
The brand is a very nice smoke, just not as popular as others, and Habanos has no emotional links to it.
The SLR DC from '09 is one of the most memorable Cubans I have tried, just wonderful.
I have La Gloria MdO #2 from 2002 and some later ones, they remain my favorite marca.
Sadly I have smoked my last '09 Tainos.....

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
MDO no 2s from the code OSU FEB 02 and other old boxes can still be found. It’s just a matter of how bad you want a box.

You can’t expect a box with over a decade of aging in someone’s humidor to go for cheap. So if you have money, they’re out there. Anything is really