What's new

General Habanos Discussion

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I don't know about all of the them but I bought a bunch of them. I also have some from 2013 and 2014 that are very good. They rival the vintage ones. I smoke a lot of top end Cuban regular production...Lusitania, CoRo, Esplendidos, HdM Double Corona, Sig IV and VI, etc and I still find that the ERDM CS is the perfect morning cigar with my coffee. I have read here that the latest production runs of the ERDM CS weren't very good and then I read that CA magazine recently gave the CS high marks in it's Robusto ratings. I put much more faith in what the guys here say than what that advertisement driven rag puts out. Haven't not smoked any younger than 2014 I can't speak to their quality. A good ERDM CS is buttery and a bit nutty. Reminds me of a Payday candy bar. On the mild end of Medium body I find it to be a smoke that should be enjoyed slowly and with a bit of contemplation as there is a lot more complexity there than it initially shows. When right it is a beautiful smoke. As I told @ChefBoyRG54 once upon a time it reminds me of that little brunette librarian with the horn rimmed glasses with her hair done up in a bun. Overlooked and ignored until she puts in her contacts, lets down her hair and puts on her tight fitting jeans.
Makes me wonder how the ones from 98 are smoking. Hopefully like the milf librarian who has been bottled up for 2 decades....

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I don't know about all of the them but I bought a bunch of them. I also have some from 2013 and 2014 that are very good. They rival the vintage ones. I smoke a lot of top end Cuban regular production...Lusitania, CoRo, Esplendidos, HdM Double Corona, Sig IV and VI, etc and I still find that the ERDM CS is the perfect morning cigar with my coffee. I have read here that the latest production runs of the ERDM CS weren't very good and then I read that CA magazine recently gave the CS high marks in it's Robusto ratings. I put much more faith in what the guys here say than what that advertisement driven rag puts out. Haven't not smoked any younger than 2014 I can't speak to their quality. A good ERDM CS is buttery and a bit nutty. Reminds me of a Payday candy bar. On the mild end of Medium body I find it to be a smoke that should be enjoyed slowly and with a bit of contemplation as there is a lot more complexity there than it initially shows. When right it is a beautiful smoke. As I told @ChefBoyRG54 once upon a time it reminds me of that little brunette librarian with the horn rimmed glasses with her hair done up in a bun. Overlooked and ignored until she puts in her contacts, lets down her hair and puts on her tight fitting jeans.
Haha, love it Dave. And Fwiw, the 15 or 16 I just had, fit that flavor profile description to a T.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
just curious .. are any of you new guys doing splits? (CC splits, not those shitty NC splits @bostoneo runs)

could get 5 guys to each commit to a 5 box split and everyone would end up with a 5er of 5 difference lines. You could even do 5 boxes that are on the "monthly" deals page. Thats how i started but @acc05R1 would do the ordering cause he's a baller
Im down for this

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
The hero this thread needs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
just curious .. are any of you new guys doing splits? (CC splits, not those shitty NC splits @bostoneo runs)

could get 5 guys to each commit to a 5 box split and everyone would end up with a 5er of 5 difference lines. You could even do 5 boxes that are on the "monthly" deals page. Thats how i started but @acc05R1 would do the ordering cause he's a baller
What u need?

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Update, the ERDM CS that I had that was very good and fit Dave's description, was SGA Nov 16.
Maybe not the best they've put out comparatively, (sample size of 1) but quite tasty.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
i don't need anything, just wondering if the new guys are running splits so they can expand their palates and stop buying NCs which usually cost more per stick. #onlyafuenteisafuente
I could get on board with this. I'd give in for the Buying Freeze as well. I want to broaden my palate and start enjoying CCs more.

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
i don't need anything, just wondering if the new guys are running splits so they can expand their palates and stop buying NCs which usually cost more per stick. #onlyafuenteisafuente
Yes, but everyone is in the buying freeze contest until April lol.

Last edited:

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0

I would be interested!