What's new

General Habanos Discussion

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Have you smoked a choix supreme lately?
2 weeks ago count as lately enough? Can't remember the code though. Not too old, 15 or 16 maybe. Very Buttery flavor, creamy. Delightful. Not complex really, but for anyone not primarily smoking top end Habanos, it would be likely to please a large cross section of smokers I would think

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
2 weeks ago count as lately enough? Can't remember the code though. Not too old, 15 or 16 maybe. Very Buttery flavor, creamy. Delightful. Not complex really, but for anyone not primarily smoking top end Habanos, it would be likely to please a large cross section of smokers I would think
You just recently started on CCs right? I haven’t had a good one in a while. Those and the RASS and both pretty booty.

I think the last choix is truly enjoyed was when ravi still had 08s for sale for decent prices

But as of lately... choix supreme haven’t been good, imo.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I want to get a 10/15 count box of something for a bachelor party at the end of April. Budget of like $175. The groom is a pretty serious cigar smoker so he'll appreciate a good stick and likely know if I end up buying the gurkas of the cc world (if that's a thing). Any recommendations? My first though was maybe a RYJ short churchill just because the packaging is fun, falls in my price range, is a well known brand. I'll likely keep the leftovers. Don't have an opinion on marca or size really, although I doubt any of them will take the time to smoke something in a full churchill size or larger. Also happy to discuss deals if anyone is looking to offload something they feel is in this category.
Little late to the party but you could get a Petit Edmundos tubes (15) which should satisfy your needs with cost if you wanted Monty

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
You just recently started on CCs right? I haven’t had a good one in a while. Those and the RASS and both pretty booty.

I think the last choix is truly enjoyed was when ravi still had 08s for sale for decent prices

But as of lately... choix supreme haven’t been good, imo.
Just a matter of Palate preference differences. And relative comparisons.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Just a matter of Palate preference differences. And relative comparisons.
just curious .. are any of you new guys doing splits? (CC splits, not those shitty NC splits @bostoneo runs)

could get 5 guys to each commit to a 5 box split and everyone would end up with a 5er of 5 difference lines. You could even do 5 boxes that are on the "monthly" deals page. Thats how i started but @acc05R1 would do the ordering cause he's a baller

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
And iirc @Tennessee Dave bought all of the vintage choix
I don't know about all of the them but I bought a bunch of them. I also have some from 2013 and 2014 that are very good. They rival the vintage ones. I smoke a lot of top end Cuban regular production...Lusitania, CoRo, Esplendidos, HdM Double Corona, Sig IV and VI, etc and I still find that the ERDM CS is the perfect morning cigar with my coffee. I have read here that the latest production runs of the ERDM CS weren't very good and then I read that CA magazine recently gave the CS high marks in it's Robusto ratings. I put much more faith in what the guys here say than what that advertisement driven rag puts out. Haven't not smoked any younger than 2014 I can't speak to their quality. A good ERDM CS is buttery and a bit nutty. Reminds me of a Payday candy bar. On the mild end of Medium body I find it to be a smoke that should be enjoyed slowly and with a bit of contemplation as there is a lot more complexity there than it initially shows. When right it is a beautiful smoke. As I told @ChefBoyRG54 once upon a time it reminds me of that little brunette librarian with the horn rimmed glasses with her hair done up in a bun. Overlooked and ignored until she puts in her contacts, lets down her hair and puts on her tight fitting jeans.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I don't know about all of the them but I bought a bunch of them. I also have some from 2013 and 2014 that are very good. They rival the vintage ones. I smoke a lot of top end Cuban regular production...Lusitania, CoRo, Esplendidos, HdM Double Corona, Sig IV and VI, etc and I still find that the ERDM CS is the perfect morning cigar with my coffee. I have read here that the latest production runs of the ERDM CS weren't very good and then I read that CA magazine recently gave the CS high marks in it's Robusto ratings. I put much more faith in what the guys here say than what that advertisement driven rag puts out. Haven't not smoked any younger than 2014 I can't speak to their quality. A good ERDM CS is buttery and a bit nutty. Reminds me of a Payday candy bar. On the mild end of Medium body I find it to be a smoke that should be enjoyed slowly and with a bit of contemplation as there is a lot more complexity there than it initially shows. When right it is a beautiful smoke. As I told @ChefBoyRG54 once upon a time it reminds me of that little brunette librarian with the horn rimmed glasses with her hair done up in a bun. Overlooked and ignored until she puts in her contacts, lets down her hair and puts on her tight fitting jeans.
Ive had some great lusis recently ... I just hate the current pricing on double Coronas ... a tad bit high for me