What's new

Goals for 2017?

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I made some progress towards one of my goals yesterday. Unfortunately we had unexpected vertical electric, so now I will have to figure out how I am going to move those.

Next steps:
-Get electric situation figured out.
-Get header situation figured out.
-Source countertop material and someone to cut and set it for me.
-Determine path to take with lighting.

How's this project coming along Jon?

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
How's this project coming along Jon?
Moving along nicely brother!

Electrical is handled, window is framed in (including header), countertop is paid for. Awaiting the installers from Lowe's to contact me for the countertop. After the countertop is installed the only thing left to do is add trim to clean things up!

Found a set of stools on CL as well that I picked up which fit my theme really well and were at a great price!

Here's some pics:
Pre-demo

Drywall removed

Framed out!

New outlets installed

My new stools

Example of the countertop I'm going with

Attachments

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Progress so far this year, since tomorrow is the halfway mark. I'm happy with where I'm at. How is everyone else coming along?

General:
- Change the windows out in my house from single to double pane. DONE!

- Cut my bar window into my kitchen. DONE!

- Plan a trip to travel outside of the US for the first time. Discussed.

- Maintain my weight loss from this year, and continue to work out regularly. Working out has been hit and miss because of the renovations I have been doing, but I have maintained my weight loss.

- Put more money towards my son's savings account. In motion, had a holdup with getting his account open. Have an apt at the bank on Friday.

- Put more money towards paying down my mortgage. On the back burner currently, I've had a lot of unforeseen expenses with the home renovations and this just hasn't been possible.

- Save more in general. I was doing really well with this, and built up an emergency fund that I was sitting on. Unfortunately an unexpected blown head gasket in my commuter last month ate up most of what I had saved.

In regards to saving, I started a '$5 box' which has helped tremendously. I took an old cigar box and every time I come home and empty my pockets, I put any $5 bills that I have into the cigar box and do not touch them. Obviously, when you're out and about if you have a $5 bill and need to spend it, you do. So far though, I have about $300 saved up just in $5 bills from emptying my pockets at the end of the day.

Cigar Related:
- Build up multiple box backstock of some of my favorite marcas to age. Haven't had the extra cash to throw at multiple box purchases, but I am ok with where I'm at for now.

- Thin out what's left of my NC stash. DONE!

- Stop chasing LE/RE and stick with solid reg production. Yea...This hasn't happened so much. I have picked up a few REs this year. However, I have stopped grossly overpaying for them just to have 'what's new and exciting' and have only picked up stuff that I got at worthwhile prices that justified my purchase, so I am calling this DONE!