What's new

Golf Banter

CaTeacher

BoM May 2012
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
Shot an 83 (39-44) today in the 2nd round of the club championship for a net 65. I ended up tied for first and lost the tie breaker which was your back 9 gross. The other guy shot 43 on the back. On hole 12 I made a 9 with an OB and water ball. My only hole over bogey on the day. I putted great (for me, no 3-putts) and all else was so-so, I just took my medicine when I had to and gave myself chances to save pars. Maybe next year.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Made my first ace today on the 11th hole after shooting a 43 on the front. Finished the day with an 81. Was pretty much playing in shock after 11 though :headroll:
Congrats! Very cool.

Work has been killing me lately, but I got out today for only the second time this year. I had been shooting all over 90 for a while and then went two years with maybe 5 rounds... my last round was at LACC and put up a 105... terrible, that was in January.

Back out today after a 4 month break and brought it back around to 94. Putting was on... I think I had 25 putts which for me is good. My driving was TERRIBLE! On the front I took driver to all 4s and 5s and shot a 50. On the back, I only pulled the driver out 3 times (used a 5 iron off the tee instead) and put up a 44 - was thrilled with that. 44 through 9 is a pro-forma 88, right?

Very happy... and I burned a 2009 BGM and a 2009 Sig II, paired with 2 big cans of Guinness... and a Snickers. awesome day.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Made my first ace today on the 11th hole after shooting a 43 on the front. Finished the day with an 81. Was pretty much playing in shock after 11 though :headroll:
congrats bro, welcome to the club!!
6 three putts today, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
That will kill your score, especially if it was after a chip, lol

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Played a little better yesterday - recovered well after poor shots. Back at it in an hour and I'm ready to attack the home course.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Good to see some golf chat on this board. I played at St. James in Southport, NC yesterday while visiting the in-laws and shot a 91, but that included a 41 on the back. Kind of took a while to get into a groove...

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
43 on the much harder back 9, I'll take it! It was Holiday slow so we split after 9. My daughter had a solid 44 as well. Fun day!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
http://www.collarstyx.com/

My dreams are answered. I HATE sloppy looking collars on my golf shirt. Posted a thread on how to avoid this on the Cameron forum and was turned on to these. My order is in and I will report back as soon as I try them. Those that have them swear by them.

Rating - 100%
159   0   0
Tomorrow at 9 AM, I leave for a practice round with a kid on my HS Golf team that qualified for regionals. Regional match is on Thur. 9th. I shot a 43 this evening, two birds, then again two doubles also.....

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
What's everyone doing golf wise this weekend? I am heading to the Memorial Sunday, got invited by Reeve11 who has access to one of the houses and all the free food and drink that goes with it. Playing a nice Fuzzy Zoeller course Monday, then hitting a sweet steakhouse afterwards in Louisville.
Playing Camarillo Springs on Saturday and Simi Hills on Sunday

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I played Packsaddle Ridge in Harrisonburg, VA twice this past weekend. Absolutely beautiful course - one of the tops I've ever seen. It's a real hidden gem since people in that area aren't big golfers.

Unfortunately my best friend beat me in a skins match. Only the second time I've ever lost to him in my life!

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Shot a 43 yesterday and beat my cousin by 1 :thumbsup:

I bought a different set of irons on Saturday at Golfsmith in Kansas City so I'm getting used to them. So far so good. Got a set of Ben Hogan BH-5's. I was talking to a guy at the store that I know somewhat and he said that the BH-5 was the first Ben Hogan irons made after Callaway bought them and that they were basically identical to the X-18 aside from the back. Sure enough the face and sole was identical. Used X-18's... $280. Used BH-5's... $113. No brainer for me... and the dude at the register gave me a break and sold em for $100. I was a happy camper. And they feel great!

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I bought a different set of irons on Saturday at Golfsmith in Kansas City so I'm getting used to them. So far so good. Got a set of Ben Hogan BH-5's. I was talking to a guy at the store that I know somewhat and he said that the BH-5 was the first Ben Hogan irons made after Callaway bought them and that they were basically identical to the X-18 aside from the back. Sure enough the face and sole was identical. Used X-18's... $280. Used BH-5's... $113. No brainer for me... and the dude at the register gave me a break and sold em for $100. I was a happy camper. And they feel great!
Wow! Heck of a deal!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Great find, Larry! My weekend was stellar. Got to see most of the big guns at the Memorial. I forgot how different it sounds when they hit driver vs. the rest of us. THWACK! Played ok at the beautiful Champion's Pointe yesterday and finished up the weekend with a killer filet topped with a crab cake and bernaise. :)