What's new

Golf Banter

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Shot a 94 the other day with 2 -10's on par 5's. I also realized before the round that I had left my 8 iron in Chicago a few weeks ago, good thing someone turned it in!

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Haven't played in a number of weeks.. Planning on hitting the links monday morning though since I have monday off.

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Yeah, Just couldn't get in any sort of routine all day, but the cigars were good.
I know the feeling. I shots a 97 on Sunday. :help:

I went to the range twice this week. I hope I worked out the kinks. We will find out today. I am playing with all my single digit handicap buddies today. I am a 14.8 right now. I hope I can keep up.

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I know the feeling. I shots a 97 on Sunday. :help:

I went to the range twice this week. I hope I worked out the kinks. We will find out today. I am playing with all my single digit handicap buddies today. I am a 14.8 right now. I hope I can keep up.
I know the feeling.. when I take of for a couple of weeks or month for that matter I seem to lose my game temporarily. Last Friday I shot 95 and hopefully with a few days practice I'm back in the 80's.

What's off for you? Right now my drive is freaking killing me.:help:

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I know the feeling.. when I take of for a couple of weeks or month for that matter I seem to lose my game temporarily. Last Friday I shot 95 and hopefully with a few days practice I'm back in the 80's.

What's off for you? Right now my drive is freaking killing me.:help:

My approach shots are way off center. I was not hitting any greens in regulation. I am hitting the ball to the right. My chips were leaving me too far from the cup for makeable putts too. I was playing bogie and double bogie golf. A few hours at the range should have fixed it. We'll see.

I will be smoking a T52 Doble Corona today and drinking Fat Tire in a can :stretchgr

I better head out. I tee off at 1:30 PST

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Short game, it's like I have two bricks for hands!
My short game hasn't been my problem over the years... it's straighten out my drive or for that matter just hitting the ball in the :cursing: fairway. Nothing more pisses me off when let's say I'm 4 over on the front and then 2 over on the back and on say 15 I pull two drives OB on the tee box. I just go ape shit when that happens:timebomb:. But I love the game and just light a smoke and have beer at that point.

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I will be smoking a T52 Doble Corona today and drinking Fat Tire in a can :stretchgr

I better head out. I tee off at 1:30 PST[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good time. We can't get fat tire here, but I travel and drink it all the time on the road, but never in a can.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
It's raining and thundering heavily outside right now but me and JT are about to hit the range after work. Worse comes to worse, we can just skip it and share some stoges back at my place

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
HORRIBLE round today!!! First scored round in at least 2 years. My last scored round was 84. Today I fired a smooth 101!!! One of only 3 100+ rounds in the past 13 years.

Front Nine: 46
1 FIR
2 GIR
20 Putts. 3 jacked on each GIR :stickbeat
1 Par, 7 Bogeys, 1 Triple

Back Nine: 55 :cryloud:
0 FIR
1 GIR
15 Putts
3 Bogeys, 2 Doubles, 3 Triples

The new TM R11 TP bent me over today. I like the head, but the Fuji BLUR is a POS. It wasn't just me :wink: Played with a cigar buddy who played the mini tours in the 80's (He shot 76 today). He tried it on the 18th tee box...after putting his ball in play. He did the same thing I did...pushed it into OB. Turned around and said " That shaft is f**king horrible". I guess I will be looking for Mitsubishi Rayon deals :frown:

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Hendy and I played his home track today. Great little course. I think of the 18 holes I ended up in about 11 bunkers....unbelievable. Birdied the first and that was about the end of the negative scores I posted...lol

Thanks again Scotty!

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Just shot a 42 on the front then got rained out on the back. I'm very happy with that score seeing as how I've had a tough time breaking 90 lately. Mostly been issues with my putting but I had numerous 1 putts today so I am feeling good about the rest of this summer's golf :)

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
Played a few rounds this week. Played at Oasis Golf Club in Mesquite on the Palmer course and shot a 87, 39 front, 48 back. Played the front 9 in 1 hour, took 3 hours to play the back as I caught up to a tournament ahead of me. I like to think waiting 10 minutes on every hole caused the higher back nine score.

Played today at my home course, Silverstone Ranch Golf Club here in Vegas and shot 91. Nothing stellar, had a couple balls go OB which drove my score up some, but wasn't a stellar round even with those OBs, no birdies, but a couple good saves for par from precarious lies.

I have seen quite a bit of improvement this year, especially the last 6 weeks, dropped my index from a 24 to 18, and will be 16 after 6/15. So 8 strokes in 6 weeks. It's weird as I don't feel I am striking the ball very well right now, but posting better scores for some reason. I moved back tee boxes from the blues at my home course to the blacks, so I am not getting into as much trouble off the tee box anymore when the ball is in play.

Rating - 100%
159   0   0
Played today at my home course, Silverstone Ranch Golf Club here in Vegas and shot 91. Nothing stellar, had a couple balls go OB which drove my score up some, but wasn't a stellar round even with those OBs, no birdies, but a couple good saves for par from precarious lies.

Did some one call me ??? I shot an 84 last night. No balls after my namesake, just one in to the heather on the far left.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Shot 40 this morning, nothing much to say, just good ball striking and no 3 putts.

Played a cool semi private track Saturday. After a 43 on the front and 43, 44, 45 from the other guys we put decided to put some money on the back. $5 a skin and $5 a man individual bets against the other 3 guys. 5 skins were out, and I had the highest back 9 at 46 and lost every single dollar I could. Cost me more than the greens fee! Still a great time.

Still posting enough high and low scores that my handicap isn't moving much. I need a hot streak!