What's new

Google Chrome: Worth Downloading?

Should I Download Google Chrome And Make The Switch From Internet Explorer?

• Total voters

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I have wondered about Google Chrome for a while now but I have yet to find if it would be worth the switch from Internet Explorer. Have any of you switched from Internet Explorer? What are the advantages and disadvantages of Chrome? Does it really run faster than Explorer?

Oh, and no, I'm not interested in switching to Mac! :frownno:

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
I don't see any disadvantages with Chrome. I've been using it for quite some time, and I find it to be much more faster and much more reliable than IE

:thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I've been using Chrome on my Macs (work and home), and I now prefer it to Firefox and Safari. It's fast and responsive, and not as much of a memory hog.

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I have thought that IE may be the cause of my comp being slow sometimes. I've used Firefox in the past, but I didn't see enough advantages to make the switch. I'm comfortable with IE, and I have TONS of bookmarks on here. If I take the plunge, it will have to be totally worth it.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Worth downloading? There's no cost here, just get it and try it. If you don't like it revert to IE.

I <3 Chrome.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
and I have TONS of bookmarks on here. If I take the plunge, it will have to be totally worth it.
Chrome should be able to import your IE bookmarks when you first set it up.
Definitely get rid of IE for many reasons including security risks and performance. I can't comment on Google as I use Firefox, but I know you can import your bookmarks to Firefox and I'd be shocked if you couldn't with Google.

Again, forget about IE!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Here you go bro... importing bookmarks into Chrome from Firefox or IE

http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=96816

Import bookmarks from Firefox or Internet Explorer

1. Click the wrench icon tools menu on the browser toolbar. Mac users: If you don't see the wrench icon, go to the menu bar at the top of your screen and click Chrome.
2. Select Options (Preferences on a Mac).
3. Click the Personal Stuff tab and find the "Browsing data" section.
4. Click Import data from another browser.
5. In the Import Bookmarks and Settings dialog that appears, select the application that contains the settings you'd like to import.
6. Make sure that only the checkboxes for items you want to import are selected.
7. Click Import.

The bookmarks from the other browser will now appear as a subfolder within the "Other bookmarks" folder at the end of the bookmarks bar.

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Here you go bro... importing bookmarks into Chrome from Firefox or IE

http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=96816

Import bookmarks from Firefox or Internet Explorer

1. Click the wrench icon tools menu on the browser toolbar. Mac users: If you don't see the wrench icon, go to the menu bar at the top of your screen and click Chrome.
2. Select Options (Preferences on a Mac).
3. Click the Personal Stuff tab and find the "Browsing data" section.
4. Click Import data from another browser.
5. In the Import Bookmarks and Settings dialog that appears, select the application that contains the settings you'd like to import.
6. Make sure that only the checkboxes for items you want to import are selected.
7. Click Import.

The bookmarks from the other browser will now appear as a subfolder within the "Other bookmarks" folder at the end of the bookmarks bar.
Thanks! :thumbsup:

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I use Chrome on all my PCs, and with the exception of a few work related sites, I use it exclusively on a daily basis.

I like always having my "most visited" sites on the home page...:computer: