What's new

Google Chrome: Worth Downloading?

Should I Download Google Chrome And Make The Switch From Internet Explorer?

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Firefox has a little addon called NoScript which changed my browsing experience. Now I load pages just a bit faster than I would on my desktop and it made my netbook usable for internet. Combine that with Fasterfox and I don't think anything tops it.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Thanks! Wasn't trying to be pushy, I was just curious about specific advantages and disadvantages and you pretty much summed it up. Thanks!
Didn't think you came off pushy at all. I'm more or less an open book. Glad to help. :)

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I'm a Firefox fan, my gf loves Chrome, she has never had a problem, while the game I play online Evony, I keep having little annoying probs with this new FF that I never had on previous versions.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chrome is awesome. No issues in the time I have been using it. Much faster than IE

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Anyone do speedtest on each browser?

I just installed Chrome for Mac.

Chrome - Dn (10.89), Up(.97)

Safari - Dn (12.87), Up(.93)

Seems for me Safari is bett.

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I gotta say, since downloading Chrome I don't see myself ever going back to IE. I do have the IE add-on for Chrome for the few webpages that don't load well in Chrome. I may check out Safari, I've never used it before. I have used FireFox, but I don't recall every paying very close attention to it. May check it out as well!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
But Safari has that already.

and bumping........ come on its only from last month. :sleep:
But Safari has a shitty Public Relations/Marketing dept.

I only say this because I have never heard of it...ever. Not that the product isn't a good one, but if no on knows you exist, you sure as heck aren't gonna get any customers.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I use Chrome at work and since they have extensions to add functionality there pretty much isn't much Firefox does that it can't.

Plus it syncs my settings and bookmarks with my google account so I can pull my work bookmarks from anywhere when I am away from my desk.

Rating - 90%
9   1   0
New version of Chrome is out today. Noticeably faster. It's my favorite browser. After having bee a Firefox devotee for years, I thought nothing would pull me away from it, especially a Google product. But I'm now in love and anxiously waiting for Firefox 4 to reignite my passion for Mozilla.

I can't believe people still even use Internet Explorer... what trash.