What's new

Got any other hobbies?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Beer brewing, wine making, stainless steel fabricating, cycling and hiking (the hiking is the wives hobby but I go hang with her) boating, camping, I used to do the Salt and fresh water fish tanks. Had 4 tanks going at 1 time 1 being a very unique 90 octagon salt water set up. Kart racing 125cc sprint. I also used to do the RC car thing, street and off road. I like my hobbies! Now when I'm not working on the business I just drink beer, smoke cigars and raise my kids.... ha ha ha

Cheers
Jay

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Golf, shooting, golf, reloading, golf, hunting, golf, helping my daughter with her show lambs, golf, sitting in drafty barns at stock shows, did I mention golf??

Luckily I have a job with lots of days off, so I seriously play about 50-60 games a year. I still suck at it, but it gets in your soul like fly fishing. Besides, it's the only place in the us where they'll sell you a 6 pack of beer AND hand you a set of keys to a rental vehicle in the same transaction, and tell you to enjoy. Kinda ironic really. Lol

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Golf, Mustangs, motorcycles, fresh water fishing, AR platforms, 700 based platforms, snowboarding, skiing.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Beer brewing, wine making, stainless steel fabricating, cycling and hiking (the hiking is the wives hobby but I go hang with her) boating, camping, I used to do the Salt and fresh water fish tanks. Had 4 tanks going at 1 time 1 being a very unique 90 octagon salt water set up. Kart racing 125cc sprint. I also used to do the RC car thing, street and off road. I like my hobbies! Now when I'm not working on the business I just drink beer, smoke cigars and raise my kids.... ha ha ha

Cheers
Jay
I got heavy into fish tanks years ago. Had 8 going at one point. Converted my 55 gal. Into a reef tank. $2k, and a year and a half later, got too frustrated with the algae problems that never fully went away,and sold them all

Gonna have to get with you about setting up a home brew setup. Just got the green light from the wife to finally build a man cave out back. Take the garage away from her, and it only took two years for her to cave in. Lol

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Hunting, working on my truck, off roading which I need to do more of. My daily driver with small lift.
Good hobby, but watch out for that slope, it's very slippery. Before you know it, you'll have $20k plus invested if you're not careful. I rockcrawled for about ten years before my wife rolled my truck and screwed her neck up needing surgery. (My daily driver).
Here's a pic of my old truck. 81 Toyota, 39's, dual transfer cases, ran on propane, hydraulic steering,etc. R.I.P.

Sold it all last fall.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Good hobby, but watch out for that slope, it's very slippery. Before you know it, you'll have $20k plus invested if you're not careful. I rockcrawled for about ten years before my wife rolled my truck and screwed her neck up needing surgery. (My daily driver).
Here's a pic of my old truck. 81 Toyota, 39's, dual transfer cases, ran on propane, hydraulic steering,etc. R.I.P.

Sold it all last fall.
Sorry to hear about your wife. Sweet looking rig though.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Sorry to hear about your wife. Sweet looking rig though.
Thanks. She's doing well. Fractured four vertebrae in her neck, had to fuse those. Slid off the road in the snow, and rolled the truck. Here's a pic of what's left. Just put a three inch lift, arb bumpers, winch,etc. on it. $6k worth of upgrades two months prior to this. 2002 Toyota Tacoma crew cab
Yes, I'm a Toyota nut. That's where the toy comes from in my name.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Cool man. If you aren't already check out thenewx.org. If you can get down to PA March 7 there is an event at Rausch Creek Off Road park. Normally about 40-50 Xterras.
I was on NewX for a bit. Then I decided thrashing my daily wasn't such a smart move.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Welcome to the club - hurt myself quite badly doing deadlifts when I was 16 (I'm 42 now). Not a day goes by without some kind of shoulder/neck discomfort.
My initial injury was work related. I jacked up my wrist and elbow something nasty. It was all soft tissue and tendon problems. Then I strained something in the muscle group around the rear of the shoulder on the same side. I never injured my self lifting heavy in the gym. It was always something else in life that would wipe me out.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I'm usually fiddling with my bike. You guys can see the pictures in the motorcycle thread. I've been getting much more into shooting the last few years and have been very fortunate to have a connection to a Navy friend with a specialized set of skills who has introduced me to some great techniques.

I also collect some sports memorabilia. I don't have a huge collection but I have some cool stuff.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm addicted to Freeride Mountain Biking. I also do Kayak-Camping (free range) and I'm currently training Academically & Physically for the United States Coast Guard Reserves. Although my biggest hobby has to be my running my business & roasting coffee.

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
I'm addicted to Freeride Mountain Biking. I also do Kayak-Camping (free range) and I'm currently training Academically & Physically for the United States Coast Guard Reserves. Although my biggest hobby has to be my running my business & roasting coffee.
Is that Mountain Creek? Looks like the red bull drop and canyon jump

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
What's the bare minimum bike one would need to trail Mountain Creek? Would a lower to mid level Trek Fuel be sufficient?

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
What's the bare minimum bike one would need to trail Mountain Creek? Would a lower to mid level Trek Fuel be sufficient?
On some of it you'd be okay but to be honest you'll have more fun renting something with a bit more travel. Haven't been in a few years so things could be groomed more? In CO you could ride 80% of the bike parks with a Fuel.