What's new

Great cigars you just don't like

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
So, I'm going to assume here that at least some of you have had this experience. You hear about a great cigar, the reviews are fantastic, everyone and their mother gives it a high score, people on the internet love it, so you get one. And you smoke it. And it just doesn't move you.

Now, I'm not talking about a hyped up cigar that turns out to be crap. I'm talking a cigar you can respect as a good or great cigar, but it just doesn't suit your tastes.

I'm curious what cigars people have had this experience with, how many they tried, and whether they are going to try again. To get the ball rolling, here's two of mine:

Arturo Fuente Don Carlos - Tried 2 so far. Will probably try again.
Padron Serie 1926 Natural - Tried a #6 and didn't care for it *at all*. I'll probably try one more from the sampler before I make a final call.

How 'bout you guys?

-Charles

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
For me it was the Padilla 1932's. I had 4 different sizes and they just didn't sit well with me. I ended up selling because I thought it was a waste to use them as my LawnMowing cigar.

Ed Monton

Sir Winston
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I had a Rocky Patel Decade once and didn't like it at all. I don't think I would try it again unless it was gifted to me.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I had a Rocky Patel Decade once and didn't like it at all. I don't think I would try it again unless it was gifted to me.
Got two of those sitting in the humidor now. I might have to give them a try and see where I stand. Never had a Rocky Patel. He seems to be a polarizing figure.

My list for this thread is actually pretty long. Lately I've been trying a lot of the tatuaje offerings. Some I've really enjoyed, but a few were just too strong for me. I think I'm more of a "strong end of medium" type of guy.

-Charles

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Perdomo Lot 23 and RP decade off the top of my head. But my list of ones that I didn't like the first time and came back and loved is much longer. Hated my first VSG and Pardron 1926 both, but my technique was weak back then.

Speedbump

BoM June '10
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
i am not a big fan of Perdomo as an entire brand or camacho but i do smoke and like the liberty series of liberty by camacho

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
RP 1992. Did not like that one.

Did like the Decade, and just got bombed with a 1990, so I'll be curious to see how that one compares to my 1992 experience.

n.olson

Veteran Eccentric
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
don pepin series JJ. maduro or not, i can't stand them.

and opus X, but that's a mix of my opinion and the flavor profile.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Rocky Patel Vintage '92. It was a lonsdale. Okay, kinda boring. The "Edge" Missile Maduro that shuckins gifted me was way better and a lot more interesting.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
The two sticks that can pretty much count on being in my bag as I leave the shop if they are in stock are J21s and Cab Guap Maddys. 2 of my favs and will buy many over and over.

I try a lot of randomers but keep coming back to DPG, Opi, and Fuente time and time again (and of coarse CCs).

A couple that really were a turn off for me lately were a Patel Bros and a Brick House...both just not up my alley.

Good luck on you journey!