What's new

Great cigars you just don't like

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I have to jump on the Davidoff Avo band wagon here. I really believe they are great cigars. They are very well made and very complex but the flavour just doesn't work for me.

Posted via Mobile Device

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I'm just not a big fan of the CAO Italia and Brazilla, I don't care for their flavor profile.

(I'm glad to hear about all my brothers that don't care for Avo's & Davidoff's.....when I can get them at a good price I love them! Oh, Nic, I do have a real weakness for those Nattie DPG JJ's too.)

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Brick House...both just not up my alley.
Just goes to show different tastes. I really like the Brickhouse as an everyday smoke, especially at $4 a stick. I know some really like the Oliva V Maddies but I have given away all of mine as after two sticks I really did not like them at all..

At least we can all agree on Tat's........

Happy Thanksgiving everybody..

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm just not a big fan of the CAO Italia and Brazilla, I don't care for their flavor profile.

(I'm glad to hear about all my brothers that don't care for Avo's & Davidoff's.....when I can get them at a good price I love them! Oh, Nic, I do have a real weakness for those Nattie DPG JJ's too.)
I totally agree, I found both of those unexciting as well. They were not "bad" but they were really not up my ally.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
CUABA! Have a 2008 EL in the humidor still (courtesy of shuckins). It's supposed to be much better than the rest, so we'll wait and see.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
It's amazing how tastes can change over time too - I did not like Monte #2's or Padron Anni's the first few times I had them, now I love them - same with the My Father & La Riqueza lines.

Right now I don't really care for Partagas, that citrusy vegetative taste is more of a turn off than anything - I used to love them. Although the exception would be 99' Lusi smoked the other weekend with a friend - that was a different animal all together. :grin:

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Ashton and RP Decade come to mind. Not that it's a supposed great cigar yet, but everyone seems to like the La Traviata and I think it's awful.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I hope I don't get kicked off BOTL for saying this, but the Drac just didn't do anything for me. Rather annoying experience really.
No you won't get kicked off, I had a similar experience BUT I look forward to revisiting these a month down the line when they've had some time to get right!

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
RP 1992. Did not like that one.

Did like the Decade, and just got bombed with a 1990, so I'll be curious to see how that one compares to my 1992 experience.
I hate the 92 and the 90 used to be my favorite rocky. I also love the occasional 99 conn.

sgresso

Long hair Dork
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
For me it would be the opus X line. I have had 2 sticks that were ok. The one was a gift from the wife when were first was married. The stick split after a few mins of smoking.
The other was a gift from one of the BOTL on here a while ago. It already have a few years of aging and still tasted like it was burnt grass. I have yet to have one that was a good smoke and for the $ I can find others that I know smoke well.