What's new

Great cigars you just don't like

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
For me it would be the opus X line. I have had 2 sticks that were ok. The one was a gift from the wife when were first was married. The stick split after a few mins of smoking.
The other was a gift from one of the BOTL on here a while ago. It already have a few years of aging and still tasted like it was burnt grass. I have yet to have one that was a good smoke and for the $ I can find others that I know smoke well.
I'm with you 100% on that my brother, I personally have not cared for them since 1996!

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
For me it would be the opus X line. I have had 2 sticks that were ok. The one was a gift from the wife when were first was married. The stick split after a few mins of smoking.
The other was a gift from one of the BOTL on here a while ago. It already have a few years of aging and still tasted like it was burnt grass. I have yet to have one that was a good smoke and for the $ I can find others that I know smoke well.
I still love the Opus. I've had burn issues, and slight wrapper cracking, but the flavor profile is very much my style.

Feel free to judge my tastes as you will. :)

-Charles

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Any Tatuaje or Anejo's. Some of the "newer" lines of cigars seem to be just tobacco leaves thrown together to get a different taste profile without any given thought and then a Madison Avenue advertising campaign to get everybody excited without letting people decide for themselves what is good. Too many people are caught up in the groundswell of hype in the cigar world and what other people are smoking before deciding for themselves what is good. A prime example is blind taste tests,,,,take the band off and smoke it without any pre conceived notion as to what it is or where it came from ( Dom. Honduran, Nic. Cuban ) and you will get a more objective look and taste. I know too many people who have smoked cigars for along time who get fooled all the time when it comes to unbanded cigars and tasting them. They do not like getting fooled when they end up picking a $3 cigar over a $10 one.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I hated my first PAM. Then I tried another about six months later & loved it. Now I can't get enough of them.
A stick that just doesn't do it for me is the My Father. I've tried it a few times. Just feel it's lacking so much. Also I'm not big on Opus. I'm letting some age to see if they get better. I've had a few different ones & a few were ok but not worth the coin imho. Maybe I need to try a different size. I'd take a Tat Black or a good Parti cc over any Opus.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
sacrilege!!!:bickering
Lol,,,I know and was expecting lettuce and tomatos. I have tried the Tat so many times I can't even tell you and just can't wrap my taste buds around it. I even had to stop people from sending me any of the Anejo line of cigars because they kept telling me to give em another chance and I did,,,at least 15 times. It's not a bad thing, look how much $$$ I am saving. It's bad enough that I love the Opus X cigars,,,even when I get them at cost it's still a bad love affair.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Three that immediately come to mind: Graycliff 1666 series, Tat T110, and the CAO Criollo.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Another one here who doesn't care for the Nub cigars. And here is one that will probably suprise people, didn't care for the Tat SW Maddy... Only had one but it seemed to be a dud in my book.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Winston churchill by Davidoff. It had a grassy taste to me. I don't even want to give it a second chance I was so put off by it.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Three letters...N U B...Oliva does everything else so well. These guys are just so-so...and so over priced
Never tried nub, but I was not moved by the V series. Don't get me wrong, it seemed to have the makings of a good cigar, but it just didn't do it for me. Going to give it another try down the line and see if I still feel that way.

Anyone here like Nub? I'm always interested in a short smoke.

-Charles

diesel

Banned
Rating - 91.9%
78   5   1
I Also I'm not big on Opus. I'm letting some age to see if they get better. I've had a few different ones & a few were ok but not worth the coin imho. Maybe I need to try a different size.
They only get worse with age! Send em here where they will be disposed of properly. :cbig: