What's new

Guns, sticks and knives oh my

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I agree with you completely on that Dave. I'm specifically on the topic of the validity of appnutters opinion and his right to have it and express it.

Someone asked for personal opinions on the matter and he did exactly that. Once you asked him to qualify it, he did. That's all I'm saying. I'm not on the topic of who is right or wrong, that is for everyone on their own to decide. I respect your concern for everyone's safety and I also respect appnutter's opinion as well. If I personally was interested in this specific holster, I'd do my research on it and on other holsters available. I'd also most likely purchase a different model of holster myself but that doesn't mean that everyone else has too. Thank you for sharing Dave, (and believe me, I get it.. I'm the same way when it comes to a topic I feel strongly about.)

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I think we all probably agree on this more than we all realize... Forum posts aren't always the best form of communication among groups :)

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
So you continue to comment, but offer no answers to the questions asked of you and refuse to offer any validation or legitimacy to your opinion?

You intentionally trying to give the horse CPR?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So you continue to comment, but offer no answers to the questions asked of you and refuse to offer any validation or legitimacy to your OPINION?
I believe I've already mentioned that I've trained fellow MP's (yes, holster drills included), and seen numerous soldiers use these holsters (myself included) without incident.

Not to bash the Army (many are family to me), but they don't require a ton of smarts. Yet they've all managed to safely use these in real-world situations for years.

I don't know what other validation I need, or why my opinion would be illegitimate. Are we having a "mine's bigger than yours" when it comes to training? Then I concede... You win!

I've been around firearms my entire life, from running the rifle range at a Scout camp, to training other soldiers in the military, to everyday carry. Safety has always stressed & emphasized on. I'm no expert, but I never claimed to be one. You apparently are, so I'll let you continue. You won't see any further comments from me, the floor continues to be yours.

Hope everyone is able to enjoy their Monday off!

Last edited:

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
So you continue to comment, but offer no answers to the questions asked of you and refuse to offer any validation or legitimacy to your OPINION?

You intentionally trying to give the horse CPR?
I believe I've already mentioned that I've trained fellow MP's (yes, holster drills included), and seen numerous soldiers use these holsters (myself included) without incident.
That answers one question.. But leaves the vast majority of the questions asked in that series unanswered

Not to bash the Army (many are family to me), but they don't require a ton of smarts. Yet they've all managed to safely use these in real-world situations for years.
since the army doesn't issue the serpa.. How is this relevant at all..

And.. Are you saying there have been no in theater negligent discharges in Astan and Iraq with Marines, soldiers, or contractors using serpas? If you believe that.. Do some more research.. You are wrong..

I don't know what other validation I need, or why my opinion would be illegitimate. Are we having a "mine's bigger than yours" when it comes to training? Then I concede... You win!
Nothing to do with bigger/better.. Everything to do with your opinion is opposite of what many major a agencies and organizations believe to be true.. And you offer no facts or evidence to support it..

We haven't even gotten into the factory recall of defective serpas just a few years ago yet..

I've been around firearms my entire life, from running the rifle range at a Scout camp, to training other soldiers in the military, to everyday carry. I'm no expert, but I never claimed to be one.
If you're not an expert.. Then why is anything above relevant?

You apparently are, so I'll let you continue. You won't see any further comments from me, the floor continues to be yours.
There are very few things in life that I am an expert at.. But in this case the courts in two states would agree with you... I on the other hand consider myself a perpetual student... And continue to research, train, try new things, and seek the council of those that know more and bring more experience than I do in firearms and tactics..

Hope everyone is able to enjoy their Monday off!
Having a great day at the water park today... Wearing a Kramer mid ride straight drop horsehide...

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Have you seen what 9 year olds in Kentucky look like???? Scary!!! :)

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
How do i karate chop someone on the neck and knock them out? :stickbeat

just kidding.

Very cool gesture.

Out of curiosity, how would an impact weapon be used for personal protection? and what exactly is meant by impact weapon? I envision something powerful enough to launch somebody about 15 feet it the air when activated...you know, like a landmine or something. Or is an impact weapon something more sublte like a night stick or baseball bat.
Google and YouTube "Foster Impact Devices".