What's new

Headbanger Needs Advise

Would you bring cigars and storage home if wife does not know how about them?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I talked to him just before I moved to Utah...but haven't talked to him since. He was doing fine the last I talked to him and wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't pop in from time to time.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
I could have ended up in the same situation that you did. But, I kept everything in front of her. She did bitch quite a but at the start up but is used to it now.

I would have to be as honest as possible without allowing it to blow up in your face.

Sorry to hear about your sticky situation.

Good luck.

dpmrpa

Indiscriminate Bomber
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
After 29 years of marriage there is not much that I can't tell her. Well there is the Halle Berry dream and the Angeline Jolie thang. But there is nothing else. lol

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
Haven't heard from Steve in a while :dunno:
just had a great talk w/him!! Life is continuing to happen on several fronts and it's taking all of his time!! He's focused on priorities and is taking care of business!! he's got the same #....

Doctor Zhivago

Cigar-Slinger
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edited----- damn old post. But this will help any for future reference.

I chose option #3. Tell her you have cigars at the office, say its a lot, but don't give any numbers.

Or what you can do is just give them to a friend mentally but not physically (make up and imginary friend). So in your mind, you've given them away even though they are still in your possession (no more guilt). Then, every time you smoke one, you can think, "wow thanks fred (your imaginary friend), you sure are a great guy for giving me a smoke." It can be applied in a number of ways....."hey honey, fred gave me another cigar today, what a great guy." "I'm glad I have friends like fred that always has a cigar for me when I want one."

This way there is no guilt, you feel love and acceptance from fred (even if imaginary).

This will work as long as fred doesn't start talking to you, since he's made up. If that happens, seek professional help.

God help the woman I marry.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had to come clean on things and found that the things I worried about were outside of my control. I would say that is true for you now in this case, come clean. The way I see it you may run into more grief for having spent the funds on items which were not mutually beneficial so if you have some extra coin, go simple yet big ticket.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Uh, Shawn. Everything was going great till the part about bitching about her spending $50.00. Nevertheless. Come clean, wait then bring them home and put them in an out of the way place. They are a tangible investment. My wife though this was a load of shit till I sold a box for what I paid plus shipping. Like money in the bank. Somehow that smoothed things a little. I also bought her two cases of wine for her "cellar". "Have a glass of wine".
Gotta agree. If you complain about what your wife spends money on, she certainly has the right to call into question what you're spending your money on. My wife goes out and spends $100 having her hair done, which to me seems crazy. But she works for it so as long as our bills and what not get paid, she can do as she wishes with the disposable income. My only provision is that I can do the same. So if you want to continue to have an honest relationship, you should be open with your cigar spending. That said, I'd tell her before you bring them home so that you'll have them when you're sleeping on your desk at work :nodlaugh:. Hope it works out for ya...

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.