What's new

Headbanger Needs Advise

Would you bring cigars and storage home if wife does not know how about them?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
My wife is really cool with me purchasing cigars. In fact she like the smell of them, so I've never had a problem with informing her of my purchases. She did ask me once how much I have in my humidor and when I informed her she smile and said "well I guess you can't get on to me for shopping." Anyways, She's great and I've just found it easier to let her know about it.

Hope everything continues to go well.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've never had any trouble with my wife. She's never mentioned me spending money on cigars and I've never mentioned her buying clothes or whatever the hell she buys when I weasel my way out of going with her. Either way we both know what is "acceptable" without talking about it so all is good. She doesn't overstep her bounds and I don't mine. Now when we buy stuff for the little one we do tend to over do but we have to to keep up with the grandparents. heh

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My wife has no idea how much I've spent on the cigars I have. I cover my tracks pretty well. That being said...all my purchases are in our house, I don't get shipments sent elsewhere. Might as well come clean with what you have (maybe not what you've spent) and lighten up when she spends that money every once in a while.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My wife has no idea how much I've spent on the cigars I have. I cover my tracks pretty well. That being said...all my purchases are in our house, I don't get shipments sent elsewhere. Might as well come clean with what you have (maybe not what you've spent) and lighten up when she spends that money every once in a while.
That being said...find a BOTL nearby to live with when she throws you a$$ (and cigars) out of the house. :glassesgr

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I'm telling you I have been married for 34 years this June and have strictly adhered to the two for one rule; spend two dollars on her for every one I spend on cigars. Very peaceful existence. Everything out in the open. Of course she does have a lot of jewelry.:squinteye :rolling:

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I'm telling you I have been married for 34 years this June and have strictly adhered to the two for one rule; spend two dollars on her for every one I spend on cigars. Very peaceful existence. Everything out in the open. Of course she does have a lot of jewelry.:squinteye :rolling:
damn that has got to get pricy

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
makes sense....

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
yep!!!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
ANOTHER UPDATE:

The wife last week made that comment what is the cooler for and I just replied cigars and then shut my mouth (hard to do for me). Last night she came to me and says; "what are those TWO coolers in the basement for?" I replied; "I told you before, those are for cigars". She was asking about the empty one in the basement, not the two partial full ones. I simply added that she was being silly in a joking way, the empty one is for overflow and when the other two are full, I will have a cooler ready.

She looked concerned but like a good woman said nothing after that. Like I did before I added nothing to the conversation and that ended the conversation. All is good and safe and yes I slept in the bed last night.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
:rofl: Nice bump folks.

Not much chance since this thread was started. All is good, stick buying sticks and the overflow cooler is jammed pack. Time for another cooler.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
At the same time I bitch at her for spending $50 bucks at the mall for herself or our child, even if the purchase is necessary.

My dilemma is
I think your dilemma is the above sentence. I'd be honest with her, it's always the best policy. Take the medicine like a man, no matter what she gives you. Good luck.

RigilKent

RigilKent
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Wow i missed a lot. I have had some similar events happen to me not married but am pretty serious. The best thing to do is tell her that you have more cigars at work. she will ask how many or a similar question just answer all truthfully. she will either be very understanding, very upset that you didnt tell her or she will cut you off but in any case they will be temporary and she will get over it. i would be ready to sleep on the couch for a while but better to get it off your chest. thinking through the conversation i know you can think of the exact questions she would ask. be ready and have reasonable answers. you will be fine good luck brother if you need any help you know were to turn.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I would opt or telling her. For in the end, she'll be madder if you keep it from her. I too get the grilling over the purchases and have heard the threats regarding what she will do if I buy another... I told her I would go on a budget, that I would only spend cash on cigars which means it is only my allowance and she's ok with that.

Bottom line, a wife is worth more than any cigar or collection of cigars.

Status
Not open for further replies.