What's new

Headbanger Needs Advise

Would you bring cigars and storage home if wife does not know how about them?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I am like you in some ways, in that my wife knows I buy cigars and does not ask questions. I do not tell her everything I buy, but on the same token I do not ask her what she buys. I voted for the second choice, because of my do not worry what the other one does. However you might be in some deep doodoo, because you bitch at her for spending a small amount.

Loosen up with her and you should not have to worry about the rest. For now I would stop buying and apologize to her for being tight with her and money. Tell her you will work on changing. Then as it slowly changes, you can bring some of your hidden office stash home. Either that or host a herf at your office for all of us with a grab bag when we leave.

Good luck and keep your head low!
I have to agree with Quadry here the most amazing thing is I still can't stop shaking my head:headroll: bro you have a secret stash worth at least a thousand dollars not to include the cost of the vinotemp and humidification (not sure what you're using) and you get on the wife for dropping a 50 at the mall. I sincerely hope you have an angel for a wife because this has potential to get ugly fast.

I say leave things the way they are let the wife drop a truck load of money and then bring home the stash.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stop buying cigars! Send them to me storage and all! Continue Bitching at the wife for spending $$. Problem solved :wink:

Klusterbuck

Corrupted At An Early Age
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
You could tell her one box at a time....

"Hey, picked up a box of cigars"...... That should work a LOT better than, "Can you help me carry these huge crates full of cigars you didn't know I had?...."

Pretty much what I'm suggesting is hold back on buying for a while, bring one or two boxes home at a time, just often enough to not set off any alarms. With a little time you should be all set.....

Oh, and BTW..... I'd make sure not to give her any crap for spending money for a little while.... It's a Karma thing.....

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
No change all quiet on the home front. My buying sticks has ceased in recent months till I smoke some more room. Funny how this thread keeps popping up.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
This was a interesting read. I think we all have our own ways of dealing with our wives on this topic. A really good friend of mine has a different policy that is a tad looser. If he buys something for him self he buys her some thing or lets her buy something. Make it all nice and even. I know this topic is long gone but I couldn't help myself

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This thread just never gets old. Let me add a recent experience. Last summer, when it looked as if the SCHIP tax was going to pass and drive the cost of cigars through the roof, my wife, on her own, told me to spend a couple of grand and stock up on cigars. So I did: Went out and bought 3 coolers, stocked them, and stuck them in the basement.

Flash forward a few months: My wife keeps complaining about the coolers full of cigars in our basement and tells everyone she meets about them. :rifleaim: My advice: keep 'em in the office. IMO, honesty is a highly over-rated commodity. :yes:

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
I've opted to tell my wife i'm a master online trader to the 5th degree. She knows i buy a few cigars here and there and that's all cool, kinda. but when she's see packages coming in the mail, she immediately asks...how much did those cost us. That's when i say i say they're a trade. I've been trading up for quite a while now. Supposedily i buy cigars that someone wants (for cheap) and then trade with them to get what i want, which is always more expensive than what i paid. So she knows i make purchases on cbad cuz they come straight out of the checking account, and she knows i occassionally will buy 2 or 3 sticks at a b&m when we go to the big city, but she has no idea of the hauls i make when i go out of town on business, as seen here.http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=19844 Sometimes i tell her i sold a few sticks out of my stash and then i give her the cash so i can make online purchases without a lot of grief.

I can get away with about $100 a month with her. If she knew i was dropping 5x that much, she'd freak out. but somehow i gotta tell her cuz i really wanna start buying the forbidden fruit and i can't do that without the bank card.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.

kmckinn3

Learning from the best
Rating - 100%
117   0   1
I got in to this thread and then realized it was VERY old. Kept reading though because they are all very good points and this could be some useful information for me in the future.

The only reason I found this thread was because it was on the "Recently Posted" because bballbaby made a post... but its from 2008!? This is some twilight zone shit

Rating - 100%
102   0   0
I will tell her because if she finds out the shit will hit the fan! :wifey::wifey::wifey::bickering and then we will all miss you on this forum.

:nono::nono:

okia42

Billy
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
STOP! don't bring it home. And stop giving her shit for spending $50. You have dug your self a little hole. Hold out for a while and be nice to your wife. Bring a little home at a time in a few months. You don't want her to freak out when you walk in with a car full of cigars.
SLOW is the name of the game.

Or if you want you can send them to me.
My wife doesn't care..

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I have been married 11 years, and I also have a 6 year old daughter. In the long run, I think she would appreciate your honesty if you came forward and told the truth. Yes, she may be upset at first, but go with what's best for the big picture.

...My $.02! Hope everything works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.