What's new

Headley Grange by Crowned Heads

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks for all the nice comments & support here....just to give you all an 'update' of sorts: We've spoken with Ernie (EPC) a few times since the factory re-opened on January 7, and all systems are a GO on all 5 vitolas of Headley Grange. Still on track for a Mar/Apr official launch for Headley Grange.

Going down to the factory early next month to continue working with Ernie on our forthcoming 3rd brand--which is slated for a July 2013 (IPCPR) release.

Stay tuned.

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for all the nice comments & support here....just to give you all an 'update' of sorts: We've spoken with Ernie (EPC) a few times since the factory re-opened on January 7, and all systems are a GO on all 5 vitolas of Headley Grange. Still on track for a Mar/Apr official launch for Headley Grange.

Going down to the factory early next month to continue working with Ernie on our forthcoming 3rd brand--which is slated for a July 2013 (IPCPR) release.

Stay tuned.

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads
Best news I've heard all day! You guys are some kind of awesome.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0

Stay tuned.

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads
Third brand?????? Yipee!!!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yep...third brand.

Been workin on something since October of last year--still in the 'tweeking' phase. Out of curiosity--what would YOU all here on BOTL like to see from Crowned Heads insofar as future blends go?

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Yep...third brand.

Been workin on something since October of last year--still in the 'tweeking' phase. Out of curiosity--what would YOU all here on BOTL like to see from Crowned Heads insofar as future blends go?

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads
Thanks for taking the time to provide us with some new info (really looking forward to trying out the new blend) and asking what we would llike to see.

Honestly, my palate isn't developed enough to give you any kind of helpful answer, but I would be curious to see what Crowned Heads could do with a Connecticut broadleaf wrapper.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Yep...third brand.

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads
honestlly, for me, with the sense of balance you all have given to everything, a maduro line! rich with deep texture, but refined.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Yep...third brand.

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads
Considering that I am still pretty new to this I will leave that to more experienced BOTLS than me. My humi has a bunch of your sticks in it already, so I'm good with leaving it up to you.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The Four Kicks Mule Kick and the HG have been easily two of my favorite cigars in 2012. I seem to find myself reaching for sticks with flavor and ballance.....I don't need to be blown off my chair with power. You guys totally get this concept and I love that about CH. I have to agree with some of the guys.....I would love to see what you can do with a Maduro. Ernie did an EL in 2011 called the Dark Rituals.....damn thing was just a beautiful combination of flavor and ballance. It was one of the best Maduro cigars I have ever smoked and I certainly wouldn't suggest that you try to remake the Dark Rituals but its a cigar that reminds me of your style.....loads of flavor, ballance, refined, smooth. I have the utmost confidence that the good people at Crowned Heads in concert with Mr. Carrillo will bring us more greatness.....you are working with the right approach.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'd like the next blend to be very potent and full in strength. A pepper bomb would be nice. Maybe in a corona.

Tell EP you want the cigar to taste like the scene in Die Hard when John McClane jumps off the building with a firehose tied around him.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jon,

My vote would be more mule Kicks or as others have said, I'd love to see what you folks can do with a maduro.

And for the piece de resistance (i.e., pure awesomenesssess), a maduro mule kick would be a show stopper.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
From halfwheel on new vitolas for headley: "Joining the Estupendos will be Eminentes (5 1/4 x 44), Corona Gorda (5 5/8 x 46), Hermoso No. 4 (5 x 48) and Dobles (6 1/8 x 50)."

If these are the actual vitolas planned for the headley, I'll be a very happy camper! Not one here I wouldn't want to try. If you guys stick with similar vitolas (maybe include lancero :) ) with the new blend and maintain the great balance between flavor and strength, it will surely not disappoint!

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Just smoked my first HG today...

Ive got to give it to you Jon... I've really been impressed with your sticks...

I liked the fourkicks alot...

Ive only smoked one mule kick so far.. but considered it one of the top 5 sticks I fired up in 2012.. was absolutely excellent...

After the HG.. Im wondering if you guys can do any wrong..

Really looking forward to whatever you guys put out next.. Im guessing Ill be making a box purchase (or two) right out of the gates....

(ill throw in with the maduro crowd.. would love to see what you guys could do with that..)

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I had my first one a couple of nights ago. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358546803.491626.jpg

It was a very enjoyable smoke. The one negative is that the first half burned very quickly. The 2nd half was perfect though. It won't be my last one. That's for sure.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
BOTLs - Thanks again for the supportive comments and suggestions towards what you would like to see next from Crowned Heads.

While we're a ways away from finalizing the blend of the forthcoming 3rd CH brand, I can tell you this much: we began working with some darker wrappers (can't confirm/deny whether it will be broadleaf) for this brand back in October of last year. I sampled out maybe a half-dozen of the most recent prototypes and received some very positive feedback.

Will be going to the factory to continue working on the blend with Ernesto next month.

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads