What's new

Headley Grange by Crowned Heads

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
With some (not all) bloggers/reviewers I kind of look at them as art critics--those that can paint/sculpt/create DO...those that can't become 'critics.' I understand that those critics are necessary to our business; however, with that comes a responsibility. Being 'contra' for the sake of being 'contra' and trying to look 'cool' seems to me an abuse of that responsibility. Example: I read someone's review of the EPC Inch a while ago. The first sentence of that review started with, "..I am not a fan of big ring gauge cigars." So then WHY are you reviewing a cigar that is marketed and based entirely upon large ring gauges?! That review went on to slam the cigar and it was 'awarded' a very lackluster score of '82.' Why?
Ive seen stuff like this happen numerous times with the brands I rep. The most irritating one was a blogger known to like mild cigars and not enjoy smoking full cigars doing a review of one of the strongest cigars in my portfolio and of course giving it a very unfavorable review. Some of these guys just dont realize how much they can hurt us, its hard to read bad reviews knowing that it could hurt my brands and of course that would hurt me as well. I guess what it comes down to for me is that I would rather see bloggers guiding smokers to cigars that they enjoy rather than trying to knock ones that arent their taste for the sake of attempting to look like legitimate critics.

And of course on a side note, I thoroughly enjoyed HG

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Here's a question for you Jon, my understanding is that the Grange is entirely Nicaraguan except for a Sumatra wrapper. Why does it say Republica Dominicana on the band? G1

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Here's a question for you Jon, my understanding is that the Grange is entirely Nicaraguan except for a Sumatra wrapper. Why does it say Republica Dominicana on the band? G1
E.P. Carrillo blended the crowned heads line-up; rolled at his factory in the Dominican Republic

At least that is my understanding..

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Impeccable construction, perfect draw, perfect burn, but it wasn't for me. Really strong as well, at the 1/2 way I got the nic hiccups. Gonna nap the rest for a good long time.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Wow--can't believe this thread (Headley Grange) has received almost 15,000 views(!)....just wanted to drop-in and say THANK YOU to all of you who supported Crowned Heads on put Headley Grange on the map.

Enough so to crack Cigar Aficionados' hallowed "Top 25 Cigars of 2012" today.

We can't do what we do here without all of you out THERE....so THANK YOU and Happy 2013 to all the BOTLs!

Cheers.

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads