What's new

Headphones

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Glad this was topped. I have some Sony headphones for my iPod, but they aren't loud enough when playing a movie on the plane. I tried it last trip and can't hear the movie. Any of these that really amp up the sound?

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Glad this was topped. I have some Sony headphones for my iPod, but they aren't loud enough when playing a movie on the plane. I tried it last trip and can't hear the movie. Any of these that really amp up the sound?
Do they have a rubber flange or some kind of "tip" that keeps ambient noise out or do they just kind of sit in your ear? It makes a huge difference - louder may not be better.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Do they have a rubber flange or some kind of "tip" that keeps ambient noise out or do they just kind of sit in your ear? It makes a huge difference - louder may not be better.
They've got the rubber flange on them and work GREAT for music, just not for movies. Some reason, movie volume is lousy. They are not good even just in a quiet environment...

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Don't the IPods have equalizer settings? That way you can increase the high and midrange freqs for better sound on dialogue.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
It's all about sound isolation Randy. You need to stop the outside noises from coming in. The higher end headphones will come with multiple options. You try them all out and find the one that works best for your ears.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
It's all about sound isolation Randy. You need to stop the outside noises from coming in. The higher end headphones will come with multiple options. You try them all out and find the one that works best for your ears.
No, it's not sound isolation...I am sitting here in a dead quiet office and the sound sucks here, too...it's fine on music...just the movies. I'll go to Best Buy and try some today.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
No, it's not sound isolation...I am sitting here in a dead quiet office and the sound sucks here, too...it's fine on music...just the movies. I'll go to Best Buy and try some today.
Are you purchasing movies from iTunes or ripping them to the iPod yourself? The reason that I ask is that your problem may be related to the ripping of the DVD if that's what you're doing.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Are you purchasing movies from iTunes or ripping them to the iPod yourself? The reason that I ask is that your problem may be related to the ripping of the DVD if that's what you're doing.
Ripping most, but have purchased to see if it was still a problem...same issue. What are you thinking the problem could be? I'm open to suggestions without having to buy another set of headphones....

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Ripping most, but have purchased to see if it was still a problem...same issue. What are you thinking the problem could be? I'm open to suggestions without having to buy another set of headphones....
OK... try this first... if I remember correctly (and you're using the latest ver of iTunes).

1.) Open iTunes, Select Library.

2.) Select a movie

3.) Right click and select Get Info.

4.) Look at the bottom...should say "Volume Adjustment" and has a slider.

5.) Move the arrow to "+100%"

6.) Hit OK.

If that doesn't work, make sure that your iPod firware is the most recent version and reset it (method varies based on the model of iPod). If that doesn't work, I have no idea.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Actually, I think the best idea is to watch your movies on a big screen TV and leave the IPod for music. I can't imagine trying to watch a good movie on a 2.5" screen w/ earpods when I've got a 61" HDTV w/ 5.1 sound at home.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Actually, I think the best idea is to watch your movies on a big screen TV and leave the IPod for music. I can't imagine trying to watch a good movie on a 2.5" screen w/ earpods when I've got a 61" HDTV w/ 5.1 sound at home.
it's only for flying or sitting in a airport...I've got an HDTV also, it's not the same, but it does help pass the time...the Pod has an amazingly good picture, though...