What's new

Heartfelt Beads, Frequently Asked Questions

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Sush, I just pull the end of of mine and dump some distilled water on them. I have one tube for wet beads, and one for absorbing additional moisture. I have never had any problems in my humi's at all.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Sush, I just pull the end of of mine and dump some distilled water on them. I have one tube for wet beads, and one for absorbing additional moisture. I have never had any problems in my humi's at all.
Same here...I keep mine in little nylon balls that I tied from some pantyhose. I keep them in sevral places throughout my HUMIs. I just dump some distilled on one when it seems to be running a little dryer.

Scooby

Scooby
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased the 65% Heartfelt beads for my humidors and coolerdors --- they work fantastic at holding a steady 65% humidity level for my humidors.

With the 60% and 70% humidity beads also available, I'm wondering if anyone has multiple humidors which are kept at different humidity levels (for example, one humidor is kept at 60%, another at 65%, and another at 70%)?

If so, what is your reasoning for having more than one storage humidity for your smokes? Is it due to the cigar length, ring gage, wrapper type, filler, etc.?

In general, the humidity level used for storage is totally up to one's preference, but it would be very interesting to hear your reasoning if you do use more than one storage humidity level.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I recently purchased the 65% Heartfelt beads for my humidors and coolerdors --- they work fantastic at holding a steady 65% humidity level for my humidors.

With the 60% and 70% humidity beads also available, I'm wondering if anyone has multiple humidors which are kept at different humidity levels (for example, one humidor is kept at 60%, another at 65%, and another at 70%)?

If so, what is your reasoning for having more than one storage humidity for your smokes? Is it due to the cigar length, ring gage, wrapper type, filler, etc.?

In general, the humidity level used for storage is totally up to one's preference, but it would be very interesting to hear your reasoning if you do use more than one storage humidity level.
Welcome to BOTL!

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0

65% beads - great for storing thin ring gauge cigars. seems that using higher humidity levels will "swell" the cigar making a hard draw. also popular for storing cuban cigars. seems to be the most popular among experienced cigar board members.
70% beads - in my opinion, best for long term storage. this humidity level should be best at preserving the oils in your cigar.
60% beads - short term storage of cigars that are ready to smoke. in effect, this would be like dryboxing a cigar. would also help improve the draw on a tight smoking cigar. also, at 60%, you will be relighting a cigar less often.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
RonC, great reply, fantastik info, glad I just read this.

The 60% for qiuck storage dry boxing is pretty intruicing, i think i might get a 60% tube and put in the 10-15 count travel humi that i use for my upcomming smokes. Currently I had a 65% in there, but I like the idea of the dry boxing, and easing the darw, will give it a try.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0

The 60% for qiuck storage dry boxing is pretty intruicing, i think i might get a 60% tube and put in the 10-15 count travel humi that i use for my upcomming smokes. Currently I had a 65% in there, but I like the idea of the dry boxing, and easing the darw, will give it a try.
let us know if you see a difference. will take a couple of weeks

Snowblind

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased these beads from Heartfelt and they and the company are a disappointment, not only dont they work but they have a ZERO return policy (I wonder why?) this is a scam and awaste of money. Before you buy try and contact them with a supposed problem and you will see they will blame everything under the sun but their tube of crap.:gangfire: Heartfelt

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I purchased these beads from Heartfelt and they and the company are a disappointment, not only dont they work but they have a ZERO return policy (I wonder why?) this is a scam and awaste of money. Before you buy try and contact them with a supposed problem and you will see they will blame everything under the sun but their tube of crap.:gangfire: Heartfelt
You won't get alot of support for your statements on this site. I use these beads EXCLUSIVELY and have NEVER had a problem with them. You must not have any effin' clue as to what the hell you are doing.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
hmmm, first post. would love to know who you are.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0

tell Dave to make sure i get my commision check

Rating - 100%
4   0   0

I think it's a great company and the owner is a hell of a nice guy. I haven't had one problem with him or the beads.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Snowblind,

Why make your first something so negative? If you had a bad experience, maybe try and communicate it to Heartfelt. I figure, so many BOTL use their products and are completely satified. I personally know the beads work and work damn well.

The beads kick butt and work incredibly. David has great customer service and communicates in an excellent manner. That's why I have bought from him 3-4 times. That's why I buy from all our sponsors.

Heartfelt = Trust, excellent customer service.
Cigarmony = Trust, excellent customer service
Cigar Solutions = Trust, excellent customer service

I can't speak about Black Dog, Cuban Lous, as I have not bought from them yet, but I know they are to be trusted too! Famous is top notch too!

Snowblind

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if that post (1st one ) upset you guys, Ive been smoking almost 20 years and have a few humidors. I heard about the Heartfelt tubes and wanted to try it, I followed the directions ( not that hard to figure out) and placed it in one of my boxes that was already rolling along at 70% RH it pretty much dropped to 60%. I wrote to Heartfelt and didnt get any help , anyways without going on and on about it, I spoke to Dave and he seems concerned about the problem.:thumbsup:

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Yeah bro, these seem to work beautifully for me and the guys in the office. Dave at Heartfelt will take care of it, but of course he can't fix a leaky humidor, as that is most likely your problem.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0

You blow much of that crap out your nose often..........you probably have issue's with condoms too......:nono:

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Dude after the beating we gave this guy he is never coming back here. Seemed like he was just jumping boards to make negative noise about heartfelt. You know why they don't have a return policy? because no one ever wants to return the beads. So there was no need for a policy. I hope it works out Snowblind, this is a top notch product that works perfectly for everyone I know that uses them.

Scooby

Scooby
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again, RonC for your reply in #86.

Based on this information, I went ahead and placed an order with Heartfelt to acquire a half pound of the 70% beads and a few ounces of the 60%, to go along with pound of 65% I'm already using.

I figure I'll set-up a few humidors as follows:
60% RH - one small humidor for dryboxing those I'm planning to smoke within the next couple of days, and for those that have been drawing too tight.

65% RH - one big humidor for thin ring gauge cigars, and for those that are Cuban-like (wish I had some real ones, as I've never tried them before)

70% RH - one big humidor for singles of everything else;
plus one coolidor for boxes of sticks and odd shape cigars or containers.

I'd love to get the feedback of our fellow S/BOTLs if you see any holes in this strategy.

Thanks!

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Thanks again, RonC for your reply in #86.

Based on this information, I went ahead and placed an order with Heartfelt to acquire a half pound of the 70% beads and a few ounces of the 60%, to go along with pound of 65% I'm already using.

I figure I'll set-up a few humidors as follows:
60% RH - one small humidor for dryboxing those I'm planning to smoke within the next couple of days, and for those that have been drawing too tight.

65% RH - one big humidor for thin ring gauge cigars, and for those that are Cuban-like (wish I had some real ones, as I've never tried them before)

70% RH - one big humidor for singles of everything else;
plus one coolidor for boxes of sticks and odd shape cigars or containers.

I'd love to get the feedback of our fellow S/BOTLs if you see any holes in this strategy.

Thanks!
i dont think its going to work