What's new

Heartfelt Beads, Frequently Asked Questions

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I love your beads. Only when asked by a customer at work do I tell them what I use in my humidor (because we don't sell them) and I tell them about your site.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I don't think I found my question in the posts, and I think I already answered my own question, but I would like to find out for sure. I'm thinking about purchasing a couple of the tubes of beads. The way they work, they're safe to put right into the humidor, in contact with the cigars? (I mean, if they are in a tube.) Seems like when they have moisture in them, they are still solid, unlike gel, that would be, well, gel-like. So, in short, the tube, in contact with cigars, is safe?

Thanks!
I'm going to be getting some beads for both my desktops humis and digital hygrometers. I'm moving up in the world!!

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
You are correct, Heartfelt Beads are always hard and are in no way similar to the jelly like products that are sold.

As long as you carefuly dry off the tube itself after you re-hydrate the beads it is fine to have cigars in contact with the tubes.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
That's funny, because I had just added tubes of beads, and the round adjustable hygrometer to my christmas list, as well... hopefully, my wife hasn't already over-bought for me!

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Do you put water into the bag of beads or just the beads themselves?
(i.e. In a Coolidor or a Wine Humidor)

(I noticed the beads in "Hardcore's Wineador")...

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Viper, if you ever have a minute could you shoot me a PM about ordering. I'm having some odd (to say the least) issues so I literally cannot place an order now.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great info. one thing Ive been wondering, when recharging with distilled water with spray bottle method, should the beads come out of their mesh/nylon bag to apply? or just spray right through the mesh and that will take care of it?

oh also, when will the 65% beads be back in stock?

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I got a pound of 60% beads about a week ago, but my wine cooler never gets to 60%... it's always 65 or a bit above.... I've calibrated both digital hygrometers since then twice... and even in a small desktop humidor it will not stay at 60 % with one pound of beads.
Am I doing something wrong? or did I get the wrong beads?
Thanks.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Are the 60% beads mostly white? Since you are trying to remove humidity they may need to be dried out. Also, did you use a Calibration Kit to calibrate the hygrometer or did you do the salt test?

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Are the 60% beads mostly white? Since you are trying to remove humidity they may need to be dried out. Also, did you use a Calibration Kit to calibrate the hygrometer or did you do the salt test?
Used the Boveda kit for calibration. Yes the beads are about 75% white. I have the one pound split into 2 of the 1/2 pound bags you sell.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
had the oust fan in there all day today (from maybe noon)
and checked it... when I got home. added a 3rd hygrometer this morning as well... calibrated with a new boveda overnight... and all are around 65-67%.