What's new

Hello from Chicagoland <greenhorn>

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning all. I hope you are all having a great weekend so far. I have been lurking in the shadows around this forum for a while. I really enjoy a good cigar but have never really dedicated time to educating myself about cigars and diving into the brotherhood. I am at a point in my life where I can study and learn about things that interest me and decided to really learn to appreciate and enjoy cigars. I am blown away by the reviews I have read on this and other forums. Reading a well written cigar review is like meeting a new friend for the first time. the amount of passion and sheer appreciation for the stick and the craftsman that created it is really satisfying to read.

I have always been someone who really tries to look deeper into the art of things that interest me. I am a hobbyist at heart and can sit for hours learning about all the subtleties involved in seemingly simple things. In my opinion very few things are as satisfying as listening to someone talk about things that they are passionate about and from what I can tell BOTLs are those kind of people.

I have been happily married for 16 years this month and we have 2 perfect beautiful daughters. I have lived just south of Chicago my whole life but am in no way a city guy. I grew up in a very small town and I love the small town life. I work in the heart of the Loop and that is the only time I come to the city. I am happiest when I have a comfy seat by a fire, some nice whiskey and good friends and family to enjoy.
Ok, enough of my rambling on. I really want to thank you all for such a welcoming forum and I really look forward to learning and connecting with you all.

All the best

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks Snake!!
I was just in Nashville for the first time this year. Great town. We found a great whiskey place down the road from Music row. I shall return.
Take care

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Welcome from Eastern Tennessee. I spent 25 years in Chicago around Libertyville and still remain a die hard Bears and Cubs fan. Good group here.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome from Eastern Tennessee. I spent 25 years in Chicago around Libertyville and still remain a die hard Bears and Cubs fan. Good group here.
Well if you are the Tennessee Dave I think you are then I am well aware of your time here.
If I was on your porch this past spring smoking a great cigar with you and catching up on stories of you and my dad, then you are the Dave I think you are and it is great to talk to you and get the chance to thank you again.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well if you are the Tennessee Dave I think you are then I am well aware of your time here.
If I was on your porch this past spring smoking a great cigar with you and catching up on stories of you and my dad, then you are the Dave I think you are and it is great to talk to you and get the chance to thank you again.
I plead guilty. Welcome brother. So glad to see you here Scott.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Just wanted to say a word about this young man. I watched him grow up and spent some incredible time with him. I am honored to say that his Father was my dearest friend and this young brother exemplifies all the values that his Dad instilled in him. Scott I can't tell you how proud of you and Darren he was. We need to welcome this quality young man aboard in true BOTL fashion. He will be a valued and welcome addition to our little family here. I'd like to think that a Diplomaticos #2 smoked on the porch on a beautiful Spring afternoon at Happily EverAfter had something to do with bringing him into this fascinating journey of discovery and the genteel lifestyle that cigar smoking entails.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well B Dub, My wallet and wife hope that your wrong. I don't even have a humidor set up yet. I will be starting with a Tupperdor and will most likely be repurposing various items I find. I like to build stuff. I already have my eye on a wine cooler that I saw for free on Craigs list today. I have already made friends with the Cigar guy at my local B&M so I am definitely staring from the top of a slippery slope.
This community is fun already. Thanks for the welcome.
All the best

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just wanted to say a word about this young man. I watched him grow up and spent some incredible time with him. I am honored to say that his Father was my dearest friend and this young brother exemplifies all the values that his Dad instilled in him. Scott I can't tell you how proud of you and Darren he was. We need to welcome this quality young man aboard in true BOTL fashion. He will be a valued and welcome addition to our little family here. I'd like to think that a Diplomaticos #2 smoked on the porch on a beautiful Spring afternoon at Happily EverAfter had something to do with bringing him into this fascinating journey of discovery and the genteel lifestyle that cigar smoking entails.
Thanks Dave, you're the best. You were a true friend to my Dad and I will forever be grateful to have grown up next door to you and yours. That was a time like no other before or since. As far as this new endeavor goes you definitely hold the most blame :) Sitting on your porch with you and that amazing stick was the first time since about 2008 that I truly relaxed. I knew I liked cigars but that's when I knew that smoking with a great friend in a great place can make all the difference. You have been an influence on me since I can remember and I thank you.
Cheers