What's new

Hello from Chicagoland <greenhorn>

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome. Soon you'll either have a dozen humidors or a crop of tobacco in your back yard. .lol

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk
Haha does everyone go through the same thought process when they are new?? I seriously want to grow some and roll some. My favorite part of most endeavors is to not only know how things are done but to try it. Geez, been here a few days and it's like you're all reading my journal. I guess that means we all have things in common. Awesome.
Thanks Monster.

Sent from the ether using Tapatalk

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Once upon a time, at my local B&M, we were all sitting around a table and shooting the bull as we always do and someone asked, "If you won the lottery, what would you do?" Many typical answers were thrown out there but Mike said, "I'd buy a Cuban".
"You've never had a Cuban cigar, Mike?" I said. "Bro, I'll bring you one tomorrow!"
Mike quickly said, "No no, I have had tons of Cubans. I want to buy a literal Cuban and have him roll me cigars all day."

From that day on, Mike became one of my heroes.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not 100% the proper place to post this so I am going to put it in the thread that started it. HUGE shout out to @bwhite220

This magnificent SOB has not only "bombed" me but did it in such a grand way that I am truly speechless. This man has given me the honor of being the first recipient of what he has called "the traveling humidor". This was the first humidor he had purchased after he started his journey into this hobby. He has since outgrown it and decided to start the humidor on its own journey. I now have a proper humidor to begin my own new journey and when I have outgrown it I will then choose a noob to bequeath it to. I'm humbled. Not only is the gift itself awesome but being chosen to be part of a tradition like this is beyond my current comprehension.

So, B dubs, thank you. I will take good care of it and your new tradition.

Cheers
IMG_0969.JPG

Sent from the ether using Tapatalk

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
So, B dubs, thank you. I will take good care of it and your new tradition.
Glad it arrived safely and I'm excited to see how you use it and who ends up with it after you move on from it. I knew you were the perfect target for this Traveling Humidor idea when @Tennessee Dave vouched for you. So in a roundabout way, you should thank him, too. :)

Again, welcome to the hobby and welcome to BOTL!