What's new

Hello from Chicagoland <greenhorn>

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Welcome from Fairfield Glades Tennessee, I see you've already been warmly welcomed. Enjoy your stay here

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Whelp, it's coming up on a month since I decided to sign up here and focus my attention on educating myself about cigars and cigar culture for lack of a better word. I am really glad I made that decision. In the last month I have smoked a dozen or so different sticks in an attempt to find a flavor profile and vitola that I prefer and go from there. I have smoked sticks from a variety of rollers and so far I have yet to find one I would not smoke again.
I feel like I got off to a great start to this hobby thanks to the advice I have received directly from the terrific members of this forum. I spend my train commute time and lunch breaks reading as much as I can on this forum. It has helped me a ton and I know I have only cracked the surface.
One awesome guy @bwhite220 predicted I would turn this hobby into a "full fledged lifestyle" inside of two months. Then he tried to hedge his bet by sending me a humidor to get started. This all happened within the first day on this forum. That humidor now sits prominently on my shelf and is properly storing about 25 various sticks I have collected at B&Ms as well as the web. 1 month to go b-dubs and I can already say that you may be right. I have made plans 3 times with friends and family to sit outside and do nothing more than enjoy some smokes and drink some quality spirits. I look forward to those times and am being relaxed for the first time in years. I would be remiss if I do not send a shout out to a man whom I have known my entire life. @tennesseedave you have always been someone whose opinions and advice I respect without question. You're awesome. I can't wait to torch a couple with you again and the next time I will have a better appreciation for the event.
This forum and the brothers that have welcomed me here is a fantastic. I can now walk into a cigar shop and not feel completely overwhelmed which is great for my social anxieties:)

Thanks again to all of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
One awesome guy @bwhite220 predicted I would turn this hobby into a "full fledged lifestyle" inside of two months. Then he tried to hedge his bet by sending me a humidor to get started. This all happened within the first day on this forum. That humidor now sits prominently on my shelf and is properly storing about 25 various sticks I have collected at B&Ms as well as the web. 1 month to go b-dubs and I can already say that you may be right. I have made plans 3 times with friends and family to sit outside and do nothing more than enjoy some smokes and drink some quality spirits. I look forward to those times and am being relaxed for the first time in years.
Again, welcome to the lifestyle of relaxation and worldwide hunting for cigars you haven't tried. Glad we got you started on the right foot! :)