What's new

Help me drink something better than Keurig coffee...

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Made my first Aeropress cup this morning. Only had Starbuck's French Roast whole bean. I also made a pot of the same coffee in the commercial Bunn to compare. The Aeropress was smoother and less acidic. I have some roasted Ethiopian beans coming so I am anxious to try those in the Aeropress.
I think you're really going to love it. The aeropress, in my opinion, really shines on lighter or medium roasts. Sbux French is way dark :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I think you're really going to love it. The aeropress, in my opinion, really shines on lighter or medium roasts. Sbux French is way dark :)

Yeah I know. Got some stuff coming in from Counter Culture. You guys educate me about some good beans that I should try and I'd appreciate it.

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Yeah I know. Got some stuff coming in from Counter Culture. You guys educate me about some good beans that I should try and I'd appreciate it.
So honestly, I would recommend https://crema.co

It's like Netflix, but for coffee. They work with all these different roasters and have all the coffees (with tasting notes) listed. Then you select the ones you like and add them to your 'brew queue' and how frequently you want a bag delivered. You can always change frequency, order of the queue, add/remove and your coffee isn't roasted until your ship day.

It really is a great way to experiment with different roasters and coffee from different regions.

I am, btw, in no way affiliated with them. I'm just a huge supporter and love their approach :)

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
As a side note; if anyone does sign up for crema.co and it was based on my recommendation let me know please. I heard they are rolling out a referral program in the their next software update and will let people retroactively collect referral bonuses.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Just wanted to update this since so many people were forthcoming with info and assistance. I got my kettle, french press and grinder in on Sunday. I went and bought some whole bean Sumatra and a half pound of Tanzanian Safari ground for french press. Made my first cup this morning with the already ground stuff.

I feel like the coffee coats my mouth with rich deep flavor. It is entirely different from when I have made it in the Keurig in the past. I'm really enjoying this. Thanks everyone for helping me get a much better cup of coffee!

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Just wanted to update this since so many people were forthcoming with info and assistance. I got my kettle, french press and grinder in on Sunday. I went and bought some whole bean Sumatra and a half pound of Tanzanian Safari ground for french press. Made my first cup this morning with the already ground stuff.

I feel like the coffee coats my mouth with rich deep flavor. It is entirely different from when I have made it in the Keurig in the past. I'm really enjoying this. Thanks everyone for helping me get a much better cup of coffee!
And another brother is reborn into glory of coffee. Enjoy!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I went the french press route @The Munt I'm a fan of those dark oily coffees with a lot of mouth feel. I am happy so far I've gone through 4 different flavors from 2 different vendors local to me.

I've heard great things about the coffee from the aeropress though and intend to buy one in the near future. It's supposed to be a much lighter kind of brew.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I went the french press route @The Munt I'm a fan of those dark oily coffees with a lot of mouth feel. I am happy so far I've gone through 4 different flavors from 2 different vendors local to me.

I've heard great things about the coffee from the aeropress though and intend to buy one in the near future. It's supposed to be a much lighter kind of brew.
Yeah it's definitely a clean cup of coffee.. I'm looking at getting the stainless steel filter that's reusable, apparently the paper ones absorb a bit also. And the holes are bigger in the stainless one. Definitely a big step up from instant!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Yeah it's definitely a clean cup of coffee.. I'm looking at getting the stainless steel filter that's reusable, apparently the paper ones absorb a bit also. And the holes are bigger in the stainless one. Definitely a big step up from instant!
Instant is like a whole other galaxy. These guys broadened my horizons exponentially. And I'm just scratching the surface.