What's new

hey everyone, complete newbie here

Rating - 94.5%
85   3   0
That sucks that your local B&M is not very good. Do they allow you to smoke there? One of the more valuable tools for learning can be to sit down with some seasoned smokers and pick their brains. That alone would be a reason for going to the shop. I work at a shop so you can call me biased if you wish, but I feel strongly that it is important to support local shops and even local areas that allow cigar smoking. Without continued use and support the most local smoking area we are going to have is our back yard or garage. Having said that, there is nothing wrong with buying from sites like newhavana or famous as they can offer some great deals. Basically what I am saying is that I think you should support local business as much as possible yet still watch your budget and take advantage of online deals. Just remember, cheaper doesn't necessarily mean that the cigars are stored properly or handled carefully.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just remember, cheaper doesn't necessarily mean that the cigars are stored properly or handled carefully.
Well, that was my next question. Can I trust online sites to send me correctly stored cigars?

And I don't know, so maybe someone else from new york could post, but my local cigar shop doesnt have a smoking area, is that because Bloomberg banned smoking in workplaces? Idk about that, just asking.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
size of a cigar really is just a matter of personal preferance. how much of a cigar do you want? I agree with uncelnino go down to your local cigar shop and talk to them, hearing and seeing it from them is alot easier than trying to understand something from the internet. always support your local shop, the only time i order off line is when i cant get it at my local shop or the one downtown.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
dovy sorry to hear about your smoking ban... weve got one here in charleston, of course we dont follow it in our B&M cause its charleston and we have never liked being told what we can and cant do

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
question - when you get a box of cigars, how do they come? do they usually come with some sort of humidification device for shipping? And when you get the cigars, you MUST place them in a humidor? or you could leave it in the box, at least for some time...

Thanks a lot for the welcome, too.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Welcome...Check each forum under the community tab. At the top of mosts forum, there are "Stickys" these are threads or topics that have been deemd important and relevant forever..Most are very educational. For you. i would recomend the Storage and accessories forums first. You need some type of storage before you start buying boxes. I sugest a tupper-dor..that a humidor made from a big tupperware container. This will allow you to begina stocking up,.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I have smoked a total of 4 cigars so far, and really enjoyed it!

Name is Dovy, I live in brooklyn, NY.

I am actually looking foward to this board helping me out on what to purchase. I dont have lots of money, unfortunately. Does anyone have suggestions as to what brands to purchase, for a completely new cigar smoker? I have had a couple of Macanudo 1968s, and a couple of Don Rigo cigars. I dont know if you've ever heard of them, here is a website: donrigocigars.com (I promise I gain no monetary gain from that link, I just smoked one and enjoyed it).

You may have heard them mentioned on the Ron and Fez show, heard on xm 202, sirus 197.

Anyway, I would like to fill up my small humidor a little bit more, and want to know if maybe you could point me in the right direction.

Thank you :)
Hello & Welcome! I'm new here myself & let me tell you it is the best time you'll ever have! The guys on here are all top notch! Oh & I may be a newbie but send me a private message with your address.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Welcome bro!! Your head will be spinning from information overload in no time. Some of the coolest people here will guide you kindly down this slippery slope.