What's new

hey everyone, complete newbie here

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Welcome to BOTL, you have gotten a lot of good info so far. Keep looking around and try to find a good local shop and but a few at a time asking which are mild,medium, & strong. And see what you really like, and enjoy!

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
um... why?
I know it can't be expected in many areas of life or even on many cigar boards, but we tend to be a genrous lot and I for one am willing to send you a few smokes just because I want to. We have a tradtition around here that we call "Pass It Forward" aka PIF or "Share the Share". If getting some sticks makes you feel good that is great, you can say thanks and that is all anyone would expect from you. But, if you get into the giving spirt please take a chance to pass on a few cigars to someone who might like them, it's not expected that you ever return cigars to those who gift you cigars, or gift cigars at all for that matter, it's no strings attached.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I know it can't be expected in many areas of life or even on many cigar boards, but we tend to be a genrous lot and I for one am willing to send you a few smokes just because I want to. We have a tradtition around here that we call "Pass It Forward" aka PIF or "Share the Share". If getting some sticks makes you feel good that is great, you can say thanks and that is all anyone would expect from you. But, if you get into the giving spirt please take a chance to pass on a few cigars to someone who might like them, it's not expected that you ever return cigars to those who gift you cigars, or gift cigars at all for that matter, it's no strings attached.
Well said Mitch, and I may add that sometimes we have some sticks that may be better for someone else, I went through a mild stage and got passed it then a friend of mine was looking for something mild so I gifted them to him. It may seem weird to some, but that's how we roll around here.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow, cool!

Thank you very much, pm on the way.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Gentlemen dovy is not only new to botl but new to cigars in general. I say lets bomb him! :timebomb:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He may only have room in his humidor for a hand full of sticks, you know how easy it is to start an avalanche around here!
I've got right now what's supposed to be a 50-100 cigar humidor, although I cant see how more than 50 or so could possibly fit...

It is not keeping its humidity, but after reading around on this board it seems that may be because it's too empty... I dont know.

I pm'd RonC, and he said he has a humidor to sell me, so I pm'd back asking for a picture, I am sure he'll get back to me as soon as he has a chance.

Thanks a lot for all your welcomes, it seems this is a very friendly board!