What's new

Hockey Season

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
So I made a purchase.

It's been a loooooong time since I've played... So I decided I'm done with school and other sports etc. got married and don't have kids yet so why not buy some goalie gear and play my favorite sport. Been playing nets for broomball so it gave me the itch to get back in the pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh snap, we got a goalie here! ;)

Mad props bro, rec league hockey is great - the memories last forever. (y)

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
It's been a loooooong time since I've played... So I decided I'm done with school and other sports etc. got married and don't have kids yet so why not buy some goalie gear and play my favorite sport. Been playing nets for broomball so it gave me the itch to get back in the pads.
Awesome, you won't regret it. At least the playing part, I am not crazy enough to play goal. :D

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Had the wife take a pic in the living room for a dry run of putting my equipment on.

Last Sunday I went to an adult open hockey game. First time I skated in pads in 15 years or so. It was a blast. My muscle memory is there but the strength and endurance is not. Thought I was going to lose my breakfast a few times. Hoping to make it again this Sunday and more throughout the summer then join a league next winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both my teams out of the Spring League playoffs. Waiting for Summer to start with both. Have started our Sunday private ice, which I love. Only time I get to play with my son on a semi competitive level.

Thought I already posted these, but can't seem um... Out with the old and in with the new!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knocked out of the Summer D4 playoffs(1st round) tonight. Lost 6-2, I was +1 with a goal, which takes a bit of the edge off....but not much. Meh, beer league...but winning is better than losing.

My other team played last a week ago and we don't start our playoff run until the 12th of August...WTF?

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Knocked out of the Summer D4 playoffs(1st round) tonight. Lost 6-2, I was +1 with a goal, which takes a bit of the edge off....but not much. Meh, beer league...but winning is better than losing.

My other team played last a week ago and we don't start our playoff run until the 12th of August...WTF?
That's a weird schedule - My summer beer league has 5 games left on the reg season, playoffs in September.

It's my first time back in hockey after 4 years away from the game. It was my daughter who talked me into it - and at 8 years old, the fact that we're a bunch of talentless hacks hasn't set in yet. So I'm glad I did it while she can still enjoy it.

And, it looks like this is the year that I'll finally make the transition to 1-pc composite sticks. I don't think anyone makes 2-pc shafts or wood blades anymore, so might as well get used to the 21st century.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
4 games left before the playoffs for one, 3 for the other, but they are comng fast and furious and it will all be over by the 3rd week of August. Teams are both doing well, but I am mired in the worst goal drought I've had in years.