What's new

Hockey Season

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Yeah, the Bauer boots are so stiff and can be a pain to break in. I've been a CCM guy for many years now.

Regardless, congrats on getting back on ths ice!

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
The recent trend in skates has been to go as stiff as possible. With the new "single mold" (new ccm tacks, bauer total one) skates that are becoming popular, things are only going to get worse. My suggestion is that if you find a pair of skates that you love, buy another pair. CCM/Reebok tend to be a little less "stiff" because a few of their models are still of the older "leather" style. The CCM tacks that just came out with the single mold skate were by far the stiffest skate I have ever had my foot in.

No matter what, do yourself a favor and get the store to "bake" them for you. It will cut the break in time in half at least.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Gotta say, I bought a pair of Vapor skates last season (x100's) and they were a sonofabitch to break in....Took at least a good half year until they were comfortable.
Yeah these are X500 they are fully thermo formable. I baked them in my home oven. They felt great in last night's game. No discomfort, I was winded by the 2nd period though lol. Oh and we lost 7-2 but it was our first time playing together.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
The recent trend in skates has been to go as stiff as possible. With the new "single mold" (new ccm tacks, bauer total one) skates that are becoming popular, things are only going to get worse. My suggestion is that if you find a pair of skates that you love, buy another pair. CCM/Reebok tend to be a little less "stiff" because a few of their models are still of the older "leather" style. The CCM tacks that just came out with the single mold skate were by far the stiffest skate I have ever had my foot in.

No matter what, do yourself a favor and get the store to "bake" them for you. It will cut the break in time in half at least.
Agreed. My last pair were the CCM U-Pros, and I have a second pair of those unused in my closet, waiting for my current skates (Reeboks) to wear out. The Reeboks are less than a year old, so between the 2 pair I should be good to go for a couple years at least.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats, teamrandr! Nothing like getting on the ice.

Currently wearing Bauer Supreme One100's that have seen better days. Waiting for the Supreme 190's to go on clearance/the new equivalent of the 190 in the 1S series to be released to make a decision on new boots.

Go Avs over the Sharks tonight! No Varlamov, who is reportedly in Colorado dealing with the start of his civil trial.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Congrats, teamrandr! Nothing like getting on the ice.

Currently wearing Bauer Supreme One100's that have seen better days. Waiting for the Supreme 190's to go on clearance/the new equivalent of the 190 in the 1S series to be released to make a decision on new boots.

Go Avs over the Sharks tonight! No Varlamov, who is reportedly in Colorado dealing with the start of his civil trial.
Thanks brother! Hey check out icewarehouse.com they have killer deals and cheap shipping. I got mine 25% off and paid $5 for 2 day shipping.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, it's my go to shop. If they had the 190's in my size, I'd probably just pick them up, as opposed to waiting for closeout elsewhere or the new 1S'S. At 25% off, they'd be at what closeout priced will be at some places.

Just had a bunch of tape, pants, shins & elbows delivered for my daughter 2 weeks ago(the elbows went back).

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Yea, it's my go to shop. If they had the 190's in my size, I'd probably just pick them up, as opposed to waiting for closeout elsewhere or the new 1S'S. At 25% off, they'd be at what closeout priced will be at some places.

Just had a bunch of tape, pants, shins & elbows delivered for my daughter 2 weeks ago(the elbows went back).
I see that she's lifting some hardware in you avatar. What level does she play at?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Squirt A with her boys team & also plays travel with girls 12U &14U teams.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I made a purchase.

It's been a loooooong time since I've played... So I decided I'm done with school and other sports etc. got married and don't have kids yet so why not buy some goalie gear and play my favorite sport. Been playing nets for broomball so it gave me the itch to get back in the pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So I made a purchase.

It's been a loooooong time since I've played... So I decided I'm done with school and other sports etc. got married and don't have kids yet so why not buy some goalie gear and play my favorite sport. Been playing nets for broomball so it gave me the itch to get back in the pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fuckin A! Good to see it! I play in a Sunday league as well. 33 years old and this sport makes me feel like such an old man!