What's new

Home made cigar rest

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried my hand making one today with some scrap 1/8" thick strip I had laying around. I need to make it about 1/2" taller above the joint and clean the edges up some more but I'd say not too bad for less than a half hour of work.

Using the strip steel it'd be super easy to make a quick jig and knock out probably 10 or more an hour. Nothing fancy of course.

Edit: I'll try to work some more on a method this week. I'm not interested in selling as it's just too cheap and easy for me to make but if anyone is interested I'd possibly be willing to bomb some out, assuming anyone wants my ghetto version. Those with the fancy water jet stuff are definitely cooler and nicer though. Mine is more of a farmer approach. :D

Attachments

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I haven't updated yet. Life got a little hectic. I should have a free day in the shop this weekend. I'll report back with results.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Tried my hand making one today with some scrap 1/8" thick strip I had laying around. I need to make it about 1/2" taller above the joint and clean the edges up some more but I'd say not too bad for less than a half hour of work.

Using the strip steel it'd be super easy to make a quick jig and knock out probably 10 or more an hour. Nothing fancy of course.

Edit: I'll try to work some more on a method this week. I'm not interested in selling as it's just too cheap and easy for me to make but if anyone is interested I'd possibly be willing to bomb some out, assuming anyone wants my ghetto version. Those with the fancy water jet stuff are definitely cooler and nicer though. Mine is more of a farmer approach. :D
Looks more than functional to me! What more could you ask for!? Great job brother!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good news and bad news...

Good news - my company just landed a huge contract with a major European aerospace manufacturing conglomerate and my work is pretty much guaranteed with lots of long days for the foreseeable future.

Bad news - I will have no free time for the foreseeable future to make a run of these for selling to my brothers here. If anyone wants to pick up the torch and make and sell them please do, but I just have no time now.

I do appreciate everyone's kind words and praises, if I find myself idle in the future I will make a batch and see how it goes. Cheers all, Necron99

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Good news and bad news...

Good news - my company just landed a huge contract with a major European aerospace manufacturing conglomerate and my work is pretty much guaranteed with lots of long days for the foreseeable future.

Bad news - I will have no free time for the foreseeable future to make a run of these for selling to my brothers here. If anyone wants to pick up the torch and make and sell them please do, but I just have no time now.

I do appreciate everyone's kind words and praises, if I find myself idle in the future I will make a batch and see how it goes. Cheers all, Necron99
Nice. Who did you get the contract with? That is if you can say. I work for PW&C and we have some European customers. Lufthansa and Vector Aerospace are our bigger ones.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice. Who did you get the contract with? That is if you can say. I work for PW&C and we have some European customers. Lufthansa and Vector Aerospace are our bigger ones.
We manufacturer a helicopter autopilot. Airbus now owns Eurocopter and the contract is with Airbus, but I'm not sure which model, press release is pending.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar update here except my excuse for no shop time this weekend has been a sick kid. The wife did promise me a few hours tomorrow evening so we'll see what I can get done.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0

First 5 to post they want one can have one. Don’t forget to pm your addy. All I have is 5 right now. I’ll have more later when scrap comes available. Pretty sure @bwhite220 can let you know how handy they are. They are nothing special. Just ugly and functional. Made from Stainless steal .060 thick and blasted with glass bead to make them look a little better. Roughly same thickness as a quarter.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0

First 5 to post they want one can have one. Don’t forget to pm your addy. All I have is 5 right now. I’ll have more later when scrap comes available. Pretty sure @bwhite220 can let you know how handy they are. They are nothing special. Just ugly and functional. Made from Stainless steal .060 thick and blasted with glass bead to make them look a little better. Roughly same thickness as a quarter.
I use mine ALL OF THE TIME!!! One of the best tools I have in my arsenal. Get on it, fellas!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Nice job, thanks for stepping up csk.