What's new

How did you get to BOTL?

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I Googled "cigar forums" and started lurking on a wide variety of boards until I found one that matched my personality and desires in a message board.

BOTL.org fit the bill perfectly!

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
While herfing with a few bro's (GuyMcBeerDrinker and Scottsins) the topic of cigar forums came up. Soon afterwords I was cordially invited by Mr. McBeerDrinker and life for me changed as I previously knew it. The end result is that I've met some really cool bro's that I would've never met otherwise. Not to mention the wealth of information that I've gathered here at BOTL.

Thanks Dave and Eric!

sogon

El Capitan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was searching on Google for a review of a specific cigar, can't recall which one now, the only review I found was on BOTL.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Wade referred me over here since we knew each other from the motorcycle boards we frequented. Bastage, now I have no money and need to buy another humidor!!

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
While herfing with a few bro's (GuyMcBeerDrinker and Scottsins) the topic of cigar forums came up. Soon afterwords I was cordially invited by Mr. McBeerDrinker and life for me changed as I previously knew it. The end result is that I've met some really cool bro's that I would've never met otherwise. Not to mention the wealth of information that I've gathered here at BOTL.

Thanks Dave and Eric!
Mr. McBeerDrinker...:applause::applause: that's awesome!! Gotta make sure Jorge sees that!

drew

codemachine

Cigar n00b
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Readers Digest Version: Google brought me....

Long Version:
I think I mentioned it in my intro thread....

I just moved from DC to Fort Worth, TX and bought my first house. One of my room mates at the house I used to rent in DC got me into Cigars and we used to hate having to smoke outside because the place was rented and we couldn't smoke inside. Sucked most in the winter when it was snowing. :p

Anyway, now I have more room than I know what to do with in my new house (they are so much cheaper down here than in DC I couldn't help myself and ended up buying a McMansion) and I was thinking about turning one of the upstairs bedrooms into a cigar room. Google brought me to an archived thread here about someone building a room in his basement. Kind of gave me some idea of what I would need to do. Decided to put it on hold for now since the weather is plenty nice in the evening to smoke outside on my balcony and I'd rather not make too many irreversible changes to the house in case it hurts the resale value. Maybe if it gets too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter I'll come back to this project.

It seems I would need to seal the room off from the rest of the house and provide it's own air circulation to the outside. Unfortunately it's a brick house so that might add a bit of complexity/expense. Unless I add the vents to the roof.... hmmm...

Last edited: