What's new

How do you manage anger?

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Wow... This thread is hilarious! You guys really took off! Lol
On a serious note thank you all for the input and friendly advice, and for the offers to talk. This thread, believe it our not helped me me calm down last night.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Generally if you have problems with being angry often or not being able to deal with aggression issues, it is the sign of some severe problems that need psychologist help or specific medicine. So I would do that.

For the rare time when something serious bothers me, I simply play a game or meet up with friends for a cigar or hangout.
I am sorry but I disagree with that comment partially. Going and speaking with a professional is a great idea, being medicated cause of emotions is a little extreme.

I don't think medication solves anything just drowns it away like booze and other such items. What happens one day if the pills aren't within reach? Everything that has been pushed below the surface comes pouring out with vengeance and not control. Just my opinion and I've been through anger management.
I respect your view, thanks for responding. I think it is important to realize most of the time it is brain chemistry and imbalance issues which cause the exasperated aggression, major anxiety, and anger management issues. My father will always be angry for his whole life and it will always be a random explosion no one can expect and it had caused some major issues between us, though thankfully we can have a good cigar together when I can afford it every few months and that can be a little less stressful for him, but even then it isn't a guarantee. My point is that he has refused to go to counseling and get help, but we know people like him that did get that medical treatment geared towards their chemistry and they are a different person.

Is it scary to rely on something that changes a part of you? It can be, but wouldn't it be better to enjoy life with your family and not have to worry about possibly exploding or having to self medicate through other means like many do with smoking or drugs or alcohol? I'm not saying you do those, but medicine really helps a lot of people. It could have helped my father so I hope you'll consider that the reluctance to it just because you want to be strong on your own can really hurt families. Again not saying that against you.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I like to throw and punch things. I don't get out of control much anymore but I realized broken phones and 1500 dollar tvs aren't cool to break, costs me too damn much so I keep stress balls to throw and a bag to punch! She complains sometimes but it's cheaper than a new tv! Ha! Jk I really do mean punching bag. . .

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I like to throw and punch things. I don't get out of control much anymore but I realized broken phones and 1500 dollar tvs aren't cool to break, costs me too damn much so I keep stress balls to throw and a bag to punch! She complains sometimes but it's cheaper than a new tv! Ha! Jk I really do mean punching bag. . .
It was nice texting with you tonight James... Haha hahaha! Ryan is such a f***er. I am so glad someone actually texted me. I would of been disappointed if I didn't get one.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It was nice texting with you tonight James... Haha hahaha! Ryan is such a f***er. I am so glad someone actually texted me. I would of been disappointed if I didn't get one.
Lmao. I thought I was the only creepy one that saved your number. =) only I was gonna text you that meme of Ryan you made in like a week when you forgot about your number being posted.