What's new

I found Cigar Bid...

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I found cigar bid and I don't think my wife is gonna like it. The good news, I won my first auction...
View attachment 112861

I had a chance to try Genesis the Project thanks to @Nacho Daddy so I know I will enjoy those. I tried to build a wooden ashtray over the weekend and failed terribly so this one caught my eye a while back, plus it will make a great place to stash my lighter and cutter. I got a great buy so I am ecstatic and pretty sure I will be checking out cigarbid quite frequently. How many of you guys frequent the site, or know of any other cigar auction sites that I should check out?
May God have mercy on your soul (and your bank account)

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Surely not?!

Set your shipping date to once a week, (ideally on a day that's 2-3 days before a day where you wife is usually out or Comes home later... :whistle:)
Then be sure of what you want, and what is an excellent price, have a list of several things, don't bid over your set max, but get several things in the week before the ship date so there's only one shipping charge. But don't buy a ton, your palate will change over time.
Words to live by...:angelic:

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Not sure if still the case but you could set your shipping date, bid and win on items and then the day before/of scheduled shipping change your shipping date to yesterday. IE ship on Thursday so you win items on Friday through Thursday (the expected date of shipping). The Wednesday before your ship date (Thursday) change your ship date to Tuesday. Gives you an additional weekend and couple of days of items in your shipment. You could only change the ship date once so anything you win will ship on the following Tuesday.

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Not sure if still the case but you could set your shipping date, bid and win on items and then the day before/of scheduled shipping change your shipping date to yesterday. IE ship on Thursday so you win items on Friday through Thursday (the expected date of shipping). The Wednesday before your ship date (Thursday) change your ship date to Tuesday. Gives you an additional weekend and couple of days of items in your shipment. You could only change the ship date once so anything you win will ship on the following Tuesday.
They changed it so you can't change the shipping date once you have won something. That was one of the best when you could !!

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I found cigar bid and I don't think my wife is gonna like it. The good news, I won my first auction...
View attachment 112861

I had a chance to try Genesis the Project thanks to @Nacho Daddy so I know I will enjoy those. I tried to build a wooden ashtray over the weekend and failed terribly so this one caught my eye a while back, plus it will make a great place to stash my lighter and cutter. I got a great buy so I am ecstatic and pretty sure I will be checking out cigarbid quite frequently. How many of you guys frequent the site, or know of any other cigar auction sites that I should check out?
One final bit of advice. You should drink heavily before logging on to that site, it's more fun.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Hahaha! It's known as "the devil site" Be very very careful...
If not you'll end up with coolers full of stuff you're not likely to smoke..
I like cigarauctioneer from famous. Prices aren't quite as good, but has more stuff that I actually want...
This! A couple years back I found myself buying things on cbid that I never would've purchased otherwise. I ended up giving most of my cbid stock to a buddy who doesn't smoke, but chews cigars.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
View attachment 112861

Keep in mind that you are not "winning" but purchasing. They like to have you think that you are winning.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I agree to that but it is still a win if it's a great deal. No?

Sent from my blanket fort using crayons.
It's a matter of perspective, I suppose. Anytime money leaves my pocket it's not really a win, it's a purchase and I'm deciding I'd rather have that something than money. Sometimes cigars are what I trade my money for. :)
But what the hey, if it's a win for you then I'm good with it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I keep looking on there to bid errr... buy stuff. But my credit card is still recovering from the last time I went crazy. Weird how I see so many people paying way more than what I can get them for at the local B&M or what they sell for on the other sites.
Just been back in the cigar world for about 2 1/2 months. My wife decided to buy me a humidor.
I still need to fill it up.

good luck in buying cigars.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
They changed it so you can't change the shipping date once you have won something. That was one of the best when you could !!
That and you used to be able to look at the site at midnight eastern time and see what and when something was going to open that day. Real convenient if you work or wanted to be first in.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I agree to that but it is still a win if it's a great deal. No?

I agree with you, especially if it's a daily smoke that you're gonna smoke anyway. May as well pay 50% if you can. I try to buy from local guys as much as possible though. Especially higher end stuff that you know has been properly stored etc. I know my local shop also knocks 10-20% off due to purchase frequency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I agree with you, especially if it's a daily smoke that you're gonna smoke anyway. May as well pay 50% if you can. I try to buy from local guys as much as possible though. Especially higher end stuff that you know has been properly stored etc. I know my local shop also knocks 10-20% off due to purchase frequency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with supporting locals, unfortunately my closest b&m is over an hour away in a direction I barely go, so on special occasions I will visit, but never enough to be considered a regular Seder ing of special favors.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loaded up on Cbid when I started so I could find what I liked. However, after a few weeks I gave up because many of their cigars were old, dried out, and stale. No more at any price.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I loaded up on Cbid when I started so I could find what I liked. However, after a few weeks I gave up because many of their cigars were old, dried out, and stale. No more at any price.
Come now, not all of them are like that.... Sometimes they're way over humidified!

I jest, I have gotten too dry and too wet from them, but most things in my few orders have been acceptable at least.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Come now, not all of them are like that.... Sometimes they're way over humidified!

I jest, I have gotten too dry and too wet from them, but most things in my few orders have been acceptable at least.
Yea I haven't really had issues with them honestly. At worst it might have been a little too over humidified. But that would really be nit picking.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I tried to check and see if they had anything worthy, it was always a big fat no. Cigars I’d never smoke, I’m not interested in trying cigars from an online source when I can buy the same in person
If CB has great cigars that were hard to find and sought after, then yes. Nothing I can’t get anywhere else

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the main reason I signed up here
Looking for trustworthy people to deal with that I can actually read feedback on. Less of a risk. CB is junk with crap cigars