What's new

I found Cigar Bid...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come now, not all of them are like that.... Sometimes they're way over humidified!

I jest, I have gotten too dry and too wet from them, but most things in my few orders have been acceptable at least.
Yeah, to be fair, I was a bit overboard, but it seemed nearly half of what I got fromCbid was unacceptable.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Every six months or so I log in and start bidding on my favorite box of yard gars. I decide a max bid on the very low side, and I throw that up and wait it out. If I lose, I do it again when they relist. Eventually I win what I want, and then I’m done for another six months. That’s the only way to do it. Otherwise you impulse buy a bunch of stuff you won’t end up liking.

When cbid tracker stopped tracking, I was the record holder for lowest price ever paid for that box :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May god have mercy on your soul, you have encountered the road to perdition.! As mentioned by others it's the Devils own site!
Take it from a guy who went gonzo on Cbid. Spent my lunch money and my childrens lunch money the 2nd week. Over $600.00!! Lucky that my attitude is that if I never smoked a mediocre Cigar, how can I appreciate a really great Cigar. But seriously if I take the discount off of retail price and throw in the ones that I don't like that much. I've still done very well!!
I'm the proud owner of enough Cigars to last a year a mix of really excellent down to Mediocre. That's if I don't purchase anything more!
By the way the best way to go is to spend between $3.00 - $5.00 per stick and always pay under 50% of the lowest price that you find online. If you aren't familiar with the brand or the cigar never purchase more than 5 pack. As mentioned set to ship once a week.
If I could do it again, I'd spend more and buy less but higher quality sticks.
I like swooping in and bid at the last 1 Minute and picture the other guy's dismay as he loses out!
I'm planning on donating the real pigs which I don't have any from Cbid to the Serviceman in the military, what the heck it's a tax deduction and
one mans poison is another man's ambrosia.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
When I joined CBid 5 years ago, you could still bid on Fuentes and Padrons and get good cigars at very, very good prices. When MAP started being enforced in 2015, those "great deals" days went out the window and who knows if or when they'll ever come back. With that being said, although I spent w-a-y too much money on CBid my first couple of years on there, I found other sites and haven't bid or won anything on CBid in over a year. It also helps that the credit card on file has expired and I haven't updated the info. ;)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well I failed again with cigar bid and ended up on there. But Brick house is my like everyday inexpensive stick I burn thru while working. Think I bought like 40 of the short torpedoes and 20 of the mighty mighty for average price of like $2.25 a stick so I’ll get over my short comings. I’ve never had a drug problem but I know what it must feel like to be an addict...

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Like others have said CBID tanked when they stopped housing the Premium Cigars....Padron,,, Fuente,,,etc. I guess if one likes the mid-range cigars they can get deals on there but I stopped using them a few years ago because some of the crazy people would bid over MSRP on the leftovers and that just isn't very smart.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
CB is GREAT for yard gars. I burn 2 a day minimum and don't wanna waste premiums working, fishing etc. I use CB for those because I can get middle ground smokes at 1-4$ a piece. And every now and again you'll find premium sticks below retail. Gotta have rules though!! 40% below retail or better!! I do get a kick out of seeing the "overpay" guys. Saw someone spend 70$ on a Las Maraes 5er last week!!

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
CB is GREAT for yard gars. I burn 2 a day minimum and don't wanna waste premiums working, fishing etc. I use CB for those because I can get middle ground smokes at 1-4$ a piece. And every now and again you'll find premium sticks below retail. Gotta have rules though!! 40% below retail or better!! I do get a kick out of seeing the "overpay" guys. Saw someone spend 70$ on a Las Maraes 5er last week!!
Check out holts and CP, maybe sign up for their email lists - yard/work/knockaround gars have a place in my humi too, and those sites are great for cheap sticks. I like them anyway, ymmv

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That’s exactly what I use as my guideline sorta. I won’t t bid over 50% of what I can find them on Holts or like cigar page. At least with my yard/work gars. On some of the stuff like unico,diamond crown, Herrera Esteli Norteno I’ll go up to 75%. But when I decide to bid I usually scroll through all the listings and I’ll enter my maximum bid on the autobid function. Sometimes it works out....people do some crazy stuff on their for sure. When they list the God of Fire sticks they’ll go over retail

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
It seems like every now and again they cycle in a good box or two. I was happy to score a box of four kicks rubosto’s for under $100 recently on cbid. I agree people over pay for the HTF super prems they list, but it’s still possible to catch a decent deal.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like others have said CBID tanked when they stopped housing the Premium Cigars....Padron,,, Fuente,,,etc. I guess if one likes the mid-range cigars they can get deals on there but I stopped using them a few years ago because some of the crazy people would bid over MSRP on the leftovers and that just isn't very smart.
I don’t know I just picked up some Oliva V church hills and torpedoes best price I can find anywhere including cigar page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don’t know I just picked up some Oliva V church hills and torpedoes best price I can find anywhere including cigar page.

Some days you're the windshield...some days you're the bug. When you find a good deal ....exploit it no matter where you find it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some days you're the windshield...some days you're the bug. When you find a good deal ....exploit it no matter where you find it.
Yep. Sometimes I’ll see two different auctions of the same type and one is through the roof and the other is dirt cheap. You just have to be able to navigate well on the site and be patient. Also got some AB prensando and Cain habano for dirt cheap. If I can’t beat the price of CP on cbid I won’t bother.