What's new

I like Tatuaje stuff, but damn....

kmckinn3

Learning from the best
Rating - 100%
117   0   1
I see you said these were only available in sets Brooks... Did you see Dan has offered these products individually on NHC?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
No, the table lighter is a lotus that has been recovered and the pocket lighter is a Brizard & Co. (formerly Atoll). As I understand, all of these were done by Brizard & Co.

I've had one of his lighters for a year so far, and it's been awesome as long as you keep it clean (every few months).

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The people at Dupont came up with some art based on my concept for the monster. I made suggestions and I am part of the final approval.

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I do wish Pete would come out with the Ligne 2 Dupont! I saw pictures of the proposed Tatuaje model and I would definitely get one, as would the other two guys at my shop who saw pics.

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I know it's someone's own opinion but what in your opinion makes them not worth the price? I would love to hear why you think they are not worth the prices.

I bought a bass guitar once made in China and it cost a few hundred dollars. The same company makes the same exact bass guitar in the U.S.A. and it costs almost 5 times the one made in China. They both played well and had no issues with sound quality with the one made in China but the USA one was better. I couldn't afford the one made in the USA but I didn't discount it's worth.

It's not worth spending my money on a fancy humidor or even a coolidor when I can just use tupperware.
It's not worth spending my money on a Mac when I can just buy an Emachine.
It's not worth spending my money on Monster cables when I can just buy No Name brand cables.

These may be a better ways of looking at it.....

Sorry for my harsh rant, having said that, I really needed to state my own humble opinion....
Pete,

Talk about a late answer, lol. I missed your response and didn’t see it until this thread was just revived. I don’t think it’s a harsh rant. I see your point and do agree with you. I should have worded it better. I myself cannot justify spending that kind of money on those items when I can spend a fraction of that for items that will do basically the same job. Yes, I think that collection is beautiful and if I had the resources I would definitely make the purchase. I enjoy woodworking and really appreciate finely crafted wood products richly finished and the joy of owning them. I guess that alone would make them worth the price.
I used to build custom electric guitars from scratch. Sure you could get a nice Fender off the rack for less than my guitars but like you said, what made them worth the price to the people that purchased them. Also I’ve purchased toys for my children that I thought weren’t worth the money but the joy these toys gave my girls made them well worth the money spent.

So to be more accurate I would have to say they are just out of my price range rather than not being worth the cost. It was not my intention to discount the value of the collection.

Rick

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
If I had the dough to blow... i'd get the 3 finger case. Pretty sweet... and that's considering I despise that style of cigar case.

for now... my $12 2-stick caddy does the job.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I think anything right now that's expensive is just hard to come by. I agree about the qulity of these items being top notch but the economy really plays havoc on my spending. Bottem line is I would love to have it but just can't justify spending alot for it, which goes for just about anything. I really care more about a great cigar than swag when it comes down to it. That being said I still hope these sell well for you Pete!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I beg to differ. Macs are definitely worth the money. I burned out PCs on an annual basis. My Macbook had lasted me the past 3 without any issues.
Not an argument for this forum. I was joking.

I was hoping for something rustic and banged up looking, like the collector's box.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do like that three finger case. I would not have much use for the key chains, although they are very nice. Same for the lighters, they are cool looking, but the three finger case is spot-on nice.