What's new

I want this pipe!?!?!?!

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
It is a good looking pipe, still out of my price range.
Mine too. BUT, I do a lot of estate pipes. A lot more affordable. I get what I want for a fraction of the price. Out of my huge collection only a dozen or so are new pipes.
I've thought about going estate pipe route, but refurbishing them makes me nervous. Reamers, coatings, 6mm or 9mm draft holes and mudding, stingers, filters, there's just a lot to try and figure out. What if I buy a lot of 20 estate pipes and all 20 are scrap worthy, what if I find one out of that twenty that I really like and during the refurbishment, I screw the pooch and destroy it. It does make me nervous.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Mine too. BUT, I do a lot of estate pipes. A lot more affordable. I get what I want for a fraction of the price. Out of my huge collection only a dozen or so are new pipes.
I've thought about going estate pipe route, but refurbishing them makes me nervous. Reamers, coatings, 6mm or 9mm draft holes and mudding, stingers, filters, there's just a lot to try and figure out. What if I buy a lot of 20 estate pipes and all 20 are scrap worthy, what if I find one out of that twenty that I really like and during the refurbishment, I screw the pooch and destroy it. It does make me nervous.
You just get all kinds of practice on the ones you don't care about first! :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Here is one of those scrap pipes. This thing was crap strictly a practice pipe. But look how it turned out.

I'm not saying grab a 50 year old Dunhill and jump on it. cuz u can damage a valuable pipe. But a cheapie that isn't worth a lot to begin with can turn into a fantastic pipe. Maybe even a favorite pipe. Like.....

GBD Concorde (concorde is GBD lower end pipe)

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
How about we just send them to you, and you do it as a way to de stress :D
If anyone here has a pipe they want done hit me up. It's my hobby. I will do my best. Have extended the offer before. And it still stands.

I just got in a special pipe for a friend that I'm got to do.

Just today I got a box of 30 or so pipes. In this lot is a james upshall that is worth what I paid for the whole lot. A comoy. Flacon. Brebbia vest pipe. No idea what all else.