What's new

I want this pipe!?!?!?!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
No need to be embarrassed as those look really cool. I think (and I believe many of the brothers have said the same thing) that their Tsuge line of pipes look really cool but are just too overpriced. Their regular modular pipes are better priced and I'd buy one (after the 2843 other pipes I've decided I need to buy)

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
I hate to admit it but... I am completely enamored with Drew Estates Robusto pipe.

Why the concern? It's a bad-ass little smoking machine, just way over priced.
At the $175 mark, I'd say buy one. But where they're normally priced I'd say wait for sales/clearance. I have the Robusto, and it really is quite sweet. And quality workmanship, too. My only complaint is the bowl on the Robusto is VERY shallow. Like, wider than it is deep kind of shallow. Very much a short smoke pipe. For that reason I wish I would have went with the Churchill instead, but I really liked the short stubby look of the one I bought. Other than that, I have no regrets. Oh, and I bought around Christmas last year I think, P&C had 20% (or maybe it was 25%) off your entire purchase, plus they were throwing in the full 8 tin line of DE tobacco, so overall the deal was a bit more palatable than just the regular DE/Tsuge pipe price.

Rating - 100%
151   0   0
At the $175 mark, I'd say buy one. But where they're normally priced I'd say wait for sales/clearance. I have the Robusto, and it really is quite sweet. And quality workmanship, too. My only complaint is the bowl on the Robusto is VERY shallow. Like, wider than it is deep kind of shallow. Very much a short smoke pipe. For that reason I wish I would have went with the Churchill instead, but I really liked the short stubby look of the one I bought. Other than that, I have no regrets. Oh, and I bought around Christmas last year I think, P&C had 20% (or maybe it was 25%) off your entire purchase, plus they were throwing in the full 8 tin line of DE tobacco, so overall the deal was a bit more palatable than just the regular DE/Tsuge pipe price.
I bought mine at the same time and bought the Churchill and love it. It's nice to pack it and then put the cover and and place it in my bag and then can light up without having to pack it on the road. Also been playing around with putting different baccys on the filter part and seeing how if any it influences the baccy in the bowl.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought mine at the same time and bought the Churchill and love it. It's nice to pack it and then put the cover and and place it in my bag and then can light up without having to pack it on the road. Also been playing around with putting different baccys on the filter part and seeing how if any it influences the baccy in the bowl.
Great feedback! Thanks gents. I might just have to... pull the trigger on one! There is just something about it.

Are they comfortable in the hand? Are you able to clench it - or are they a bit to heavy to clench?

Thanks for the inputs!!

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Great feedback! Thanks gents. I might just have to... pull the trigger on one! There is just something about it.

Are they comfortable in the hand? Are you able to clench it - or are they a bit to heavy to clench?

Thanks for the inputs!!
They are a bit heavy, but the really wide mouthpiece on the Robusto helps disperse the weight a bit. Not sure about Blunk's Churchill...
(You can see the difference between the two in your earlier picture)