What's new

It's Official: The Most Asinine Cigar Ever Released

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Don't be an ass. You stated what you did in a way to make me appear cheap or as if this release was beyond my means. I use value as a term to determine price vs product quality delivered. Cohiba isn't cheap, but its a good smoke, and for me, a good value. Punch Black Prince isn't cheap at all, but once again its a great smoke and in spite of the high price point to acquire them, for me, the value is good.

I'm not offended by the high price point, I just think its ridiculous. You have a differing opinion on the matter, which is fine, but don't act like everyone else who has a differing opinion then you somehow doesn't get it, or is missing the point. Perhaps you should get back to work "developing that palate" and smoking those Alec Bradleys and touting yourself as a reviewer.
No idea how you think I tried to pigeon hole you as cheap. I don't know how much money you make or what expenses you have, so how could I determine if it was beyond your means. All I knew is what you stated in regards to how you consider value in all decisions. Personally, I don't think any cigar can earn value if it is priced above $14 MSRP.
You don't get it since you're bitching about something you wouldn't even consider acquiring. Leave it for the people who want it. Sure, you can have an opinion on anything, but why bash on the people that clearly are interested in it?
I know the definition of value as can be exhibited here: http://developingpalates.com/editorials/cigar-editorials/2016-best-cigar-value/
The 2017 version will be published tomorrow by the way.
An Alec Bradley didn't make my list this year, thank you for checking it out by the way. And to be a reviewer, you need to smoke a lot of stuff. Not all of it will be good, most of it will be average and some of it will be down right bad, but you have to smoke them to know them. Thank you for the encouragement, as I will always be developing my palate.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I'm not offended in the least, just thought that the opinion being expressed was laughable and I listed the reasons why via bullet points. The profanity comment was a joke as I use it profusely. Guy seemed to get a little bent saying I was calling him cheap when I was just referencing a comment he made about himself.
So our opinions are laughable but yours is gospel? I'm sorry, but who the hell are you? You review cigars on a website, that doesn't make you some kind of special. It is that type of attitude that put people on alert. If we're being honest here, nobody really fucking knows the reasoning behind this besides the man himself. Everything said here is speculation, even your bullet points. Just keep that mind while you're here in the trenches. ;)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Correct
So our opinions are laughable but yours is gospel? I'm sorry, but who the hell are you? You review cigars on a website, that doesn't make you some kind of special. It is that type of attitude that put people on alert. If we're being honest here, nobody really fucking knows the reasoning behind this besides the man himself. Everything said here is speculation, even your bullet points. Just keep that mind while you're here in the trenches. ;)
I know it's hard to hear, but sometimes someones opinion can be wrong. If you take what the person that produces the product says as the gospel, then you can use those facts as why it was produced and who it was for.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I wasn't gonna say anything else, but you are one hell of a pompous arrogant ass. Who the hell defines value and then plugs their own website? An opinion being wrong...now thats a truly laughable assertion. And taking anything Saka says as gospel...give me a fucking break. No wonder you like him, you're both pompous pontificating blowhards.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
wth, i thought only kim jeong un had discovered the secret location of the worlds only unicorn lair...

he's been lying this whole time?! MY LIFE!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I wasn't gonna say anything else, but you are one hell of a pompous arrogant ass. Who the hell defines value and then plugs their own website? An opinion being wrong...now thats a truly laughable assertion. And taking anything Saka says as gospel...give me a fucking break. No wonder you like him, you're both pompous pontificating blowhards.
I wonder how much he paid for his site sponsorship to be able to self-promote his cigar site on here.

Reactions: nic

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Because it's $100 I want to run out and buy a few to try them when they're released. If they have a $100 price tag they HAVE to be worth every penny..... RIGHT gentlemen????

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
always remain humble

lol @Josh Smith and his opus addiction.
Thank you. Lol. So I've read through this post and my conclusion is this if you're going to trip about $100 special edition coffin then you probably shouldn't even look at a special edition coffin I spent 100 for one cigar more than once last year. There humble

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
That's not even a fair question to Saka's new ploy. The Davidoff hands down.
#fanboylife

no offense dude but no stick is worth 500 bucks, no stick is worth 100 bucks, but id rather buy a 100 dollar crap than a 500 dollar good stick. you still come out on top even if you just throw it away

that being said @tadpole what up chaz my man, how goes it in the windy city? it snowing and shit up there?

memphsdad

Rating - 100%
116   0   0
#fanboylife

no offense dude but no stick is worth 500 bucks, no stick is worth 100 bucks, but id rather buy a 100 dollar crap than a 500 dollar good stick. you still come out on top even if you just throw it away
He didn't ask if it was worth it, he just asked would you rather :)

I'd smoke a Chillin Moose before I smoked that Saka turd.

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
He didn't ask if it was worth it, he just asked would you rather :)

I'd smoke a Chillin Moose before I smoked that Saka turd.
lets be honest, if they were up for free claim, you would try that shit. of course the davidoff would be first on the list in that case...

but if some dude was like "hey bb u wanna smoke a unicorn with me?" you would do it even just outta curiosity

memphsdad

Rating - 100%
116   0   0
lets be honest, if they were up for free claim, you would try that shit. of course the davidoff would be first on the list in that case...

but if some dude was like "hey bb u wanna smoke a unicorn with me?" you would do it even just outta curiosity
No, I wouldn't. I only try NCs that people I trust recommend to me these days based on their experience and knowledge of what I enjoy. I haven't tried a 'random NC' in months, probably longer.

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I remember when he was worried about raising the price of Liga. Just like Gurkha if he sells one box it will pay for the whole project.