What's new

Journey of a Renovation Rookie

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Also have gotten a ton more tile done this weekend, will post pictures later!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

memphsdad

Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I know I've been slacking on updating this. Bathroom is still a work in progress but it's all small details for the most part now. No pics, will get some up soon when I can.

-I am done with 99% of tile, thankfully. A bit of grouting still needs to be done but it shouldn't be too lengthy of a process. I have one small issue and it is along the very top of the shower between the last row of tile and the ceiling. The gap is big enough that grouting it would probably look ridiculous, but small enough (and uneven enough due to sloping walls in an old house) that cutting tile for it is no small task.

-All drywall is in, taped and mudded. Will be texturing the walls and painting hopefully this weekend.

-Baseboards need to be cut, painted, and installed.

-Toilet is in and working. Sink will be going in this weekend hopefully.

memphsdad

Rating - 100%
116   0   0
The above leads me to a question that hopefully someone can lean me in the right direction on.
Texturing walls.
I read an article by Bob Vila that says you can just apply joint compound topically to the walls and use a sponge to create texture? Seems easy enough and I have tons of industrial joint compound on hand which would make it cheap.
I have also considered buying one of those ready to go spray cans from lowes for spraying on texture.
Looking to do this with as little hassle as possible, any recommendations would be great.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Are you sure you want textured walls?
Are you grouting or caulking between the top row of tile and ceiling?