What's new

Journey of a Renovation Rookie

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Got all of the hardware put in but ran into a snag with the tub spout. The spout that came with my new hardware is quite short and leaves about 1/4" gap between the tile and the end of the spout when fastened all the way on. Gonna swing by home depot on the way home and try to get something a bit longer, hopefully.

memphsdad

Rating - 100%
116   0   0
So it's been quite a while since I was supposed to have had this done. After I got the bathroom operable, the rest sortof fell by the wayside. I'm rounding third now though. I finally finished the grouting yesterday (as you can see in the bottom left corner of the pic posted below). Also, I had someone come and tape/mud the walls and spray texture. I was going to try it myself, but after the advice of several people decided it made more sense to just pay someone to do it. Going to pick up some primer/paint this week, and hopefully get at the very least the primer coat done Friday.

Remaining:
-Primer/Paint walls and ceiling
-Baseboards
-Medicine Cabinet

memphsdad

Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Share the knowledge bro
I went with the Ryobi miter saw. So far all my tools are Ryobi, really like their stuff.
The Ryobi stuff is decent for the price. I have a lot of buddies who started out with their stuff and it didn't hold up over time. With the amount of side jobs I've been doing, I needed to go with something a bit higher-end.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
The Ryobi stuff is decent for the price. I have a lot of buddies who started out with their stuff and it didn't hold up over time. With the amount of side jobs I've been doing, I needed to go with something a bit higher-end.
Gruder Contracting LLC?

Chillllllllll

@wantacigar is about to force you to get permits