What's new

Keto - Gettin Healthy on Steak and Bacon. Info, Tips, and Recipes

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Good stuff brother. Will dive in. Thank you very much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very welcome. I find that stuff really interesting.

The exposes on Ancel Keyes "seven country study" (they actually studied around 20 countries, but only used the data from the countries that supported their hypothesis...) that led to the "low fat diet for heart health" disaster, are crazy.

On the potassium thing, if lemon or lime water with a dash of salt isn't enough, look for "nu-salt" "no-salt" or "lite-salt" at the grocery store.
They're supposed to be great cheap ways to supplement potassium.

And if you don't have virgin coconut oil in the house, pick up some as well. Really versatile and useful. Contains mct's, supposedly helpful for weight loss, and some of the quality brands have almost no coconut flavor, which is desirable for some things.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Carbs and Alzheimers.

This goes deep into the science, and the terminology gets a little heavy. But this is really really good stuff.

Basically, alzheimers and dimensiabegin decades before symptoms begin to show, and the first sign is brain cells beginning to become insulin resistant. The sooner one adapts a lower carb life style, the better protected they will be from these problems. And after development of the damage, Ketones can break through providing the energy for the brain work with some degree of efficacy.

Screenshot_2019-01-27-13-41-26.png

Also - https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323345.php

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Welp of course the family wanted Indian buffet today. Naan, potatoes, etc. I got out of there with having two plates of food and only about 30 cals. I'm at 35 for the day so should be alright today. Will keep chipping away and try to get down even further

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Welp of course the family wanted Indian buffet today. Naan, potatoes, etc. I got out of there with having two plates of food and only about 30 cals. I'm at 35 for the day so should be alright today. Will keep chipping away and try to get down even further

Wow, well done. I think the Indian buffet would break me in about 3 seconds

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Some relevant info on cholesterol.

And probably the most definitive. If it's relevant to you, his prior 3 videos in the series will probably be valuable as well.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I'm assuming since sparkling water does not have anything in it that it's OK? It satisfying to my sweet tooth for the most part.
I drink flavored sparkling water, no carbs and any sodium isn't really a problem on Keto.

Lunch today....Coffee with Truvia, scrambled eggs with habanero cheese and thick sliced bacon.

Dinner... 1/4 pound ground sirloin patty, topped with almond butter, habanero cheese and mashed avocado.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Very interesting. Apparently can clear the body of some of the carcinogens we intake. I've been meaning to get into making sprouts for years. It's easy, and vastly cheaper than buying them, with a much better product.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0

Deep in ketosis for weeks and weeks. Color is actually much darker than the picture shows.

Don't touch that, it's covered in piss!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0

Deep in ketosis for weeks and weeks. Color is actually much darker than the picture shows.

Don't touch that, it's covered in piss!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Might start getting the strength and endurance increase this week or next if it hasn't started yet!

Don't worry if you start checking those later and it starts showing lower concentrations. As one goes through the process of fat adaptation, (6-12 weeks and beyond) the excess ketone levels tend to balance out. So the level may not show up as high.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Ran across something I have not seen yet while at the grocery store. Right beside my ON double chocolate powder was this tub call Bone Broth Protein. This is an amazon link but it was the same tub. Read like a quick and decent way to get some nutrients. It was chocolate flavor. What do you think @Glassman

https://www.amazon.com/Protein-Collagen-Chocolate-approved-Healthy/dp/B01N5FWDTT
Looks pretty great actually! As far as I can tell. And Sports Research seems to be a decent company from what I've seen.
The wife and I have been adding their collagen to our protein shakes or coffee.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Might start getting the strength and endurance increase this week or next if it hasn't started yet!

Don't worry if you start checking those later and it starts showing lower concentrations. As one goes through the process of fat adaptation, (6-12 weeks and beyond) the excess ketone levels tend to balance out. So the level may not show up as high.
Both started coming back quite a bit the past couple days, Jeremy, just hope it keeps getting better.

I've been testing the ketones for 4 weeks now and have only once had a reading below medium, and the vast majority in the high or higher categories. I'm going to stay in ketosis for about 2 more weeks, then may break for a week or so (still keeping the carbs under 50 I'm sure, but not the 10 or so per day I've been averaging the last 6+ weeks.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Both started coming back quite a bit the past couple days, Jeremy, just hope it keeps getting better.

I've been testing the ketones for 4 weeks now and have only once had a reading below medium, and the vast majority in the high or higher categories. I'm going to stay in ketosis for about 2 more weeks, then may break for a week or so (still keeping the carbs under 50 I'm sure, but not the 10 or so per day I've been averaging the last 6+ weeks.
Nice! Glad to hear it!

Impressive! 10 is pretty restrictive. I don't know if I've ever gotten that low.
Considering your activity level, you may very well stay in ketosis at around 50.
Regardless, I would expect to be able to maintain most of the benefits at anything under 70 - 100 g. of low GI carbs for a healthy active male.
(people who have been more overweight and less active for a longer period of time would have more insulin resistance, and would probably have to be lower to see the same benefits, I suspect)

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
This is where I stand through lunch today. Was pretty good yesterday as well. Well under 100 the last 3 days. Today easily the most restrictive. I will say I'm dealing with a ripping headache but my kid has been getting up to pee during the night and so we haven't been sleeping real well lately and that very well could be the issue. I did have some lime and himilayan salt water this morning as well.